Space Mouse Enterprise View Buttons

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

UnusualFab

Space Mouse Enterprise View Buttons

Post by UnusualFab »

So I reached out to tech support and after trying what they suggested (downloading and reinstalling the 3DxNavLib Folder) and it not working, then getting NO response back, I figured that I would try here... So here is my problem, the view buttons (Top and Front) aren't working properly. The Right view button (short press for Right and long press for Left view) works as it should. The Top view button (when I press and hold) goes to the Top view and not the Bottom view as it should. The same for the Front view, when I press and hold it doesn't go to the Back view just to the Front view. The only one that functions properly is the Right view button, it spins around to the left when I press and hold as it should. Also the ISO 1 and ISO 2 button also work as they should, short press ISO 1 and long press gets me ISO 2.

Kind of disappointing that I got no response back from tech support after I tried their solution but I guess it is what it is. More curious to know if this is a known issue or anyone else has had this problem.

I'm running a Mac M1 on MacOS Monterey and Fusion 360.
DavidV

Re: Space Mouse Enterprise View Buttons

Post by DavidV »

Hello

I would try and reach back out to them. The navlib folder should have done the trick but are you still seeing Fusion crash?
Is the only issue you are having the buttons and Nav in Fusion?

i would respond back to the last email support sent you. It's possible they may have overlooked it by accident.
UnusualFab

Post by UnusualFab »

I don't really have any issues with Fusion crashing. Everything else seems to work fine except for the view buttons not long pressing to go to the other side. I'll reach back out again and see if anything comes of it. The only other thing I think seems weird is when I use the rotate view button it spins over top and bottom, not clockwise and counter-clockwise of the view you are in (hope that makes sense).
2xbass

Post by 2xbass »

So I just got my Space Mouse Enterprise today whch is ten months after this original post and I am also running on Mac and seeing the exact same problem.

I should also mention that even programming another button to Back View results in it going to Top and programming another button to Bottom View results in it going to Top View, so it's clear something is fundamentally broken. I just submitted something to support and will see what they say.