CADmouse pro wireless left

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ymugmike

CADmouse pro wireless left

Post by ymugmike »

How can you swap the left and right button options? The Preference Pane app is different to that shown on the 3Dconnextion web site and there is no option for any button other than Middle.
ngomes

Re: CADmouse pro wireless left

Post by ngomes »

Defining what is the "primary mouse button" is a system setting.

Go to Preferences > Mouse and define what is the "primary button" or "secondary button" (the setting changes depending on the exact mouse or system version).
Nuno Gomes
ymugmike

Post by ymugmike »

Makes no difference at all.
ymugmike

Post by ymugmike »

If I connect the Magic Mouse, a window to change buttons on that mouse is visible.
If I connect an earlier USB mouse, a window to change buttons for that mouse is visible.
Neither will change the button arrangement for the CADMouse Pro. It needs its own window to change the button options. The window I see is not like that shown in the Manual. There is not Primary and Secondary button option.
Something needs to be updated.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ymugmike wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:30 am If I connect an earlier USB mouse, a window to change buttons for that mouse is visible.
It is not clear what "window" you are referring to. Perhaps you can attach or link to a screenshot.

To change the "primary" button (click action) to the right button in macOS 12 Monterey (the latest), go to System Preferences and double-click on the "Mouse" icon. Then, select "Right" under "Primary mouse button".
ymugmike

Post by ymugmike »

I have somehow managed to get the left hand button as a primary. I am including a screen shot of the USB mouse which has clear options to change all buttons. The manual that appears on your web site is different to the option available with the Preference Pane. The 'Manual' button in the Preference Pane does not open anything. You only allow three files to be uploaded. Cannot show the full picture.
Attachments
Manual extract 01.jpg
Manual extract 01.jpg (233.16 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
3Dconnexion.jpg
3Dconnexion.jpg (153.12 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
USB Mouse.jpg
USB Mouse.jpg (135.64 KiB) Viewed 4760 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

ymugmike wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:46 am The manual that appears on your web site is different to the option available with the Preference Pane.
You're looking at the Windows panel. The design is completely different from what we for the Mac.
The 'Manual' button in the Preference Pane does not open anything
This appears to be a bug in the "3Dconnexion" preferences.

Looks like you have two mice and the system is displaying the "Mouse" preferences for the Apple device, not for a third-party mouse.
ymugmike

Post by ymugmike »

Presumably the 'bug' will be resolved.
AttilaTheHunk

Post by AttilaTheHunk »

Hello,
I recommend this app, it solved my requirement to swap middle/right buttons.

https://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

It's 20 bucks for a license but lets you customise anything mouse related.