Mac Studio - SpaceMouse Wireless WILL NOT PAIR kind of

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

stuff

Mac Studio - SpaceMouse Wireless WILL NOT PAIR kind of

Post by stuff »

Perhaps someone here can shed some light on this. Reached out to tech support, but nothing.

Previous setup works great... no problems:
Mac mini M1
SpaceMouse Wireless
10.7 driver 3411
macOS Monterey 12.3.1
BenQ display with USB hub
Universal receiver connected to display hub

New setup will not pair device...
Mac Studio max
SpaceMouse Wireless
10.7 driver 3411
macOS Monterey 12.3.1
BenQ display with USB hub
Universal receiver connected to display hub

With this new machine I get an error message saying only one 3DX device allowed... disconnect one to continue... something to that affect.

If I plug the universal receiver directly into the Mac Studio, I no longer get the error mentioned above. When I try to pair the device it will not connect. Times out. Retry... nothing.

However I did notice... If I plug the universal receiver into the Thunderbolt 4 hub attached to the Mac Studio, the device will pair. Seems to work. Says firmware is 0.00... ? No blue LED.

Why is the stinking little USB universal receiver no longer able to connect plugged into the other hub? I do not need to waste the USB port on the Thunderbolt 4 hub for this stinking little USB receiver (why it is even still required is another conversation).

I uninstalled driver, reinstalled... same results.
ngomes

Re: Mac Studio - SpaceMouse Wireless WILL NOT PAIR kind of

Post by ngomes »

stuff wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:30 am little USB universal receiver no longer able to connect plugged into the other hub?
Don't know but here's an educated guess: USB 3 can interfere with 2.4 GHz connections. Perhaps that's what's stopping the device from pairing.

Regardless, once the device is paired to a receiver, it will stay paired. You can connect the receiver anywhere (different port, different machine) and the device will still connect to it. In other words, you only need to pair the device once to a receiver.
Nuno Gomes