macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

suhlhorn

macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Post by suhlhorn »

An update to Monterey 12.3.1 broke 3DxWare. I'm on an Apple M1 Pro chip. I went into the security settings to make sure macOS allowed 3DxWare, and I don't see any options available.

Has anyone else see this problem?
-Stephen
rjtiedeman

Re: macOS Monterey 12.3.1

Post by rjtiedeman »

I am also running Mac OS 12.3.1 and my SpaceMouse Wireless refuses to pair correctly. But for what ever reason it is working. It's Just NOT the paring correctly. (paring was not completed.) ?????????? I have removed 3DxWare and reinstalled but paring stops but I ignore it and the device works. Puzzled? We have another update 12.4 coming next month so the SpaceMouse will either be working or it will be set aside.
Mac is a 2018 Imac Pro.
luping

Post by luping »

It's the problem of Apple to break driver, roll back to initial version of Monterey. Or otherwise if you think it's more important to update operating system than using the SpaceMouse as a productivity tool to enhance your exploitability.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

Not so easy to roll back your OS. So I will have to wait until apple fixes the problem or 3DConnection catches up. Also Vectorworks is not 100%. It's not just Apple.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

Sometimes good thins come to those that wait. Just installed the latest driver 10.7.2_r3454 and it works fine. I am not going to fuss with it. The Firmware version still does not show up in the control but the Spacemouse serial number now shows up in the PARING window so we are moving in the right direction. Thanks to tech.
georg102

Post by georg102 »

rjtiedeman wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:37 pm Sometimes good thins come to those that wait. Just installed the latest driver 10.7.2_r3454 and it works fine. I am not going to fuss with it. The Firmware version still does not show up in the control but the Spacemouse serial number now shows up in the PARING window so we are moving in the right direction. Thanks to tech.
Are you able to use the LR buttons to show radial menu? If so, could you export your config and share with me? Thank you.
jullyjean09

Post by jullyjean09 »

ou think it's more important to update operating system than using the SpaceMouse as a productivity tool to enhance your exploitabilitysmash karts
RJS

Post by RJS »

Go to System Preferences, Security & Privacy, Input Monitoring and add 3DconnexionHelper.app. I also added the same to Accessibility along with 3Dconnexion Home.app

This worked
tomasirobin1

Post by tomasirobin1 »

I have the same problem with Monterey, got a new laptop which came with it installed. The space mouse works fine. Cad mouse is paired, moves the cursor but nothing else. I tried the suggestions offered here and nothing has worked so far. unfortunately going back to a previous OS is not possible and if you don't update other things won't work. very frustrating
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

tomasirobin1 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:58 pm Cad mouse is paired, moves the cursor but nothing else.
If the CadMouse buttons don't work, you may need to update the device firmware. Refer to this FAQ article.
Nuno Gomes