CadMouse Wireless left and right mouse buttons not working in Monterey MBA M1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

tillkrueger

CadMouse Wireless left and right mouse buttons not working in Monterey MBA M1

Post by tillkrueger »

Hello everyone, I am new to this board after searching for a solution for hours without success.

My CadMouse Wireless is paired with my MBAir M1 Monterey 12.3, mouse cursor moves, the scroll-wheel works, but no other buttons.
Installed the latest 3Dconnexion drivers, even followed all the instructions to upgrade the firmware with tdxflash to a T (including the security permissions for Terminal), but no device is found.

What's the secret to making this work? I have traveled with, and come to rely on my 3Dconnexion wireless kit (with this mouse, the 3D navigator, and mousepad) and would hate to lose access to it.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
ngomes

Re: CadMouse Wireless left and right mouse buttons not working in Monterey MBA M1

Post by ngomes »

tillkrueger wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:49 am What's the secret to making this work?
If updating the firmware on a Mac does not work for you, perhaps you can use a Windows system instead? If so, you may have to reach out to our Technical Support colleagues (contact details here).
Nuno Gomes
laserwaves

Re: CadMouse Wireless left and right mouse buttons not working in Monterey MBA M1

Post by laserwaves »

ngomes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:10 am
tillkrueger wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:49 am What's the secret to making this work?
If updating the firmware on a Mac does not work for you, perhaps you can use a Windows system instead? If so, you may have to reach out to our Technical Support colleagues (contact details here).
Asking someone to switch their entire OS, computer hardware, and workflow just to get their mouse working is a laughable tech support suggestion...

This is an infuriating issue which mac users are facing. Razer has dongles which work fine - why doesn't 3DConnexion?
tillkrueger

Post by tillkrueger »

As it turns out, it appears to have been the USB-A to USB-C adapter that caused the Terminal app not to see the mouse...after ordering a new USB-Micro to USB-C cable from Amazon, the mouse firmware was upgraded successfully, and the left/right button clicks recognized.

Thanks for your thoughts, y'all!