Pan and Zoom do not work in Blender

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Akash

Pan and Zoom do not work in Blender

Post by Akash »

Hi
I'm using the Enterprise device.
In Blender [3.1.2 but also it was the same in 3.01]. only rotation works for me. I couldn't find anything about that issue in search [here and in the blender forum]
the Enterprise works normal in other apps so it is not a device malfunction.

thanks a lot
Akash
ngomes

Re: Pan and Zoom do not work in Blender

Post by ngomes »

Did you perhaps changed the pan and zoom axis assignments in the Blender configuration?

Go to the "3Dconnexion" pane in System Preferences, select the "Blender" configuration and see the axis are enabled. You can also restore the configuration to the original settings.
Nuno Gomes
Akash

Post by Akash »

Hi
I didn't change the axis
they are in the default config.

what else can it be...? Perhaps something in Blender itself ? I can't seems to find any reference to this issue anywhere .

[and again. my device works correctly in all the other apps]

thanks a lot
Akash
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Akash wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:14 pm what else can it be...? Perhaps something in Blender itself ?
Could be but I'm not sure. Go to Blender and check the settings in Preferences > Input > NDOF.
Akash

Post by Akash »

thank you
I have checked the setting in the Blender Pref before posting here. that I not where the problem is AFAICS

I cane somewhere else in blender....? but I can not find any info to suggest where...?

Akash
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Not sure what else to think.

Perhaps you do not have a driver configuration for Blender, in which case the driver will be using the "Any Application" configuration.

Go to the "3Dconnexion" pane in System Preferences, select the "Any Application" configuration and click on the "Use Defaults" button.

Also check the "Demo" programs in System Preferences > 3Dconnexion > Tools > "Demos" button. Specifically, check you can freely move the "cube" in "3D Demo".