Space Mouse Wireless not working on iMac

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

kRatigan

Space Mouse Wireless not working on iMac

Post by kRatigan »

Hello,

I bought a space mouse wireless back in the end of Febuary this year. I primarily use Rhino 7, with a little bit of SketchUp on occasion. After about 2 weeks, I started to have issues with the mouse connecting wirelessly. I would have to use the cord which I was not happy with since I paid extra to have a wireless mouse for flexibility. I contracted support, went through troubleshooting steps, removed the drivers, reinstalled etc... not able to resolve the issue. A replacement mouse was sent and now I am having the same issues. I removed my drivers and reinstalled and no luck. This is becoming very frustrating and hindering my workload and productivity now having to deal with this technical issue.

I have the latest driver for 3DConnection, and my Mac is running macOS Monterey 12.4. I have a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) with a 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processor.

I would really appreciate it if someone can properly resolve this issue as I would like to use the wireless mouse that I paid for as intended.
constellation

Re: Space Mouse Wireless not working on iMac

Post by constellation »

I'm sorry but 3DConnexion does not really support MacOS as stated, nowadays.
We all are having troubles with Monterey and new macs but 3DConnexion doesn't care.
You have two choices:
1. (the best one): sell that stupid mouse and buy a proper one (logitech, for instance)
2. wait some years and pray
constellation

Post by constellation »

kRatigan wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:39 amI would like to use the wireless mouse that I paid for as intended.
We're all on the same boat.
3DConnexion just doesn't care about MacOS users.
I'm even thinking about calling an advocate, as I spent (a lot of) money on their products as they were stated "MacOS-ready", but that wasn't true, and I can't stand this kind of dishonest businessmen anymore.
kRatigan

Post by kRatigan »

constellation wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:47 am I'm sorry but 3DConnexion does not really support MacOS as stated, nowadays.
We all are having troubles with Monterey and new macs but 3DConnexion doesn't care.
You have two choices:
1. (the best one): sell that stupid mouse and buy a proper one (logitech, for instance)
2. wait some years and pray
Thank you for your response. I totally agree, it’s very aggravating when they are not living up to what they advertised.

In regards to using a Mac friend mouse from Logitech, what one do you like for orbiting models?