Blender and 10.7.2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

kiddocteur

Blender and 10.7.2

Post by kiddocteur »

Hello,
my spacemouse worked well before on Monterey, I upgraded to version 10.7.2 of 3DxWare, and since then I have a bug on blender : The space mouse works fine, but when I quit blender and run it again, or change the file, the space mouse doesn't work at all. I restart the computer, and the space mouse works again. I didn't have this problem before. I reinstalled Blender with no improvement. Would you have an idea ?
Thanks
Dimitri
kiddocteur

Re: Blender and 10.7.2

Post by kiddocteur »

while waiting for an update of 3Dconnexion, here is a shortcut to quit the 3Dconnexion helper application and reopen it in one click, which allows to correct this bug without having to restart the computer. I put 3s which works well with my computer but you can modify if your computer is faster or slower.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tLN4Ah ... sp=sharing
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

This may related to MAC-339. See here.
Nuno Gomes
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

i also updated to latest version, now in Blender no key bindings work anymore. they used to work perfectly before. if i long press the button "1" for example the overview pops up with "blender" and showing what that button should do. Strange thing, if i run that Shortcut, my buttons work again, but nothing else, the 3D Orientation is dead then. So currently its either buttons or navigations... not very nice tbh. I think i have to downgrade.
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

Hello again, after another wasted day trying to fix that BS driver problem. I finally managed to simply delete everything related 3Dconnexion on my mac with AppCleaner.
Then i could install back my 10.7.0 and everything works again!! :D ALL Buttons, axis... just everything works again! :D

NEVER do an Update to your spacemouse as long as it works! Mac drivers were and will always be a mess from 3DConnexion. Sorry to say that, but that's my experience for the last decade. If there would be another choice, i would give it a try for sure.