Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am also for what its worth. i am still getting this.. error in 3d connexion home
It's not an error.

The panel is explaining that the system software must be allowed by the user.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Another anomaly.. i can't seem to clean up or remove applications from the 3dx control panel..
see attachment.. remove app is greyed out..
Maybe this is a settings issue i just need to delete them and start over... is there an easy way to do that.. i seem to remember a hidden directory with an xml i used to edit. back in the day.
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 2.35.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 2.35.10 PM.png (94.53 KiB) Viewed 10264 times
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

ngomes wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:30 am
cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am also for what its worth. i am still getting this.. error in 3d connexion home
It's not an error.

The panel is explaining that the system software must be allowed by the user.
This i know.. .and i did.. it went though 2 dialogs to put in my system password. which i did do. all the way till i got the funky error msg we spoke of
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.19.22 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.19.22 AM.png (37.56 KiB) Viewed 10264 times
earlier
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:37 am Another anomaly.. i can't seem to clean up or remove applications from the 3dx control panel..
see attachment.. remove app is greyed out..
You can only delete entries that you create. If there are no user-created entries, the "Remove Application..." will be shown greyed out.

We are going off-topic here. This discussion is about the driver not working in "Ventura" Preview. It appears that the driver is mostly working for you.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

keybaord shortcuts still are not being consistent i apps.. like cinema 4d and safari.. they do nothing..
even simple ones like. cmd-num 0 to restore scaling to normal in safari. do not work. ..they work fine from the keyboard itself but not from the spacemouse.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:20 pm keybaord shortcuts still are not being consistent i apps.. like cinema 4d and safari.. they do nothing..
Until the system software (a system extension) is "allowed", keyboard emulation won't work.

When you can, please remember to check the following:
ngomes wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:23 am [...] go to Apple menu > System Information > Software > Disabled Software and let us know what you find in there (if anything).
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

I did check that
its not in there.. control panel works.. and such too. but still other than the pop up menu and the virtual number pad.. no luck
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 2.09.35 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 2.09.35 PM.png (50.84 KiB) Viewed 10255 times
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:54 pm but still other than the pop up menu and the virtual number pad.. no luck
This is confusing.

As far as I can tell from your previous comments in this topic, the 10.7.3 driver works in Ventura Preview (macOS 13 beta 2) with the exception of keyboard emulation (keystroke/shortcut actions). Please confirm what exactly appears to be broken.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:10 am
cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:54 pm but still other than the pop up menu and the virtual number pad.. no luck
This is confusing.

As far as I can tell from your previous comments in this topic, the 10.7.3 driver works in Ventura Preview (macOS 13 beta 2) with the exception of keyboard emulation (keystroke/shortcut actions). Please confirm what exactly appears to be broken.
yeah looks like its the same issue as last time ..driver loads but no modifier keys ie shift alt ctrl etc and the keystrokes assigned as keyboards shortcuts don’t work either…examples in c4d even simple w e r keys don’t work nor do any macros ..same in safari or zbrush none of the hotkeys seem to work on the 3d mouse .only exception seems to be the pop up 3dc menu and the built in 3dc number pad.. when assigned to a key..those come up..the puck seems to work fine in all apps
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:30 am driver loads but no modifier keys ie shift alt ctrl etc and the keystrokes assigned as keyboards shortcuts don’t work either
Thanks for the clarification.

As mentioned previously, your report is consistent with the system software (a driver extension or "dext") not being "allowed". We do not know what might be causing this on your system. We have yet to see this on our systems (but we can see if the dialogue with only an "stop hand" icon and an "OK" button).
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

that’s correct I get that far and then I have to quit system preferences I can’t go any further there’s no other acknowledgment so I’m guessing it’s failing right around that point so it only partially loads or only loads one of several that you guys use I’m not really sure I’m open to other ideas let me know if you need any data from my system I do have a shortcut somewhere for the dex file that seems to be pointing to something that doesn’t exist but I can’t get rid of it I don’t have enough permissions it’s a Shortcuts so it’s possible it’s not really loading if that helps
cjadams

Re: Spacemouse driver not working in Ventur

Post by cjadams »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:55 am
cjadams wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:30 am driver loads but no modifier keys ie shift alt ctrl etc and the keystrokes assigned as keyboards shortcuts don’t work either
Thanks for the clarification.

As mentioned previously, your report is consistent with the system software (a driver extension or "dext") not being "allowed". We do not know what might be causing this on your system. We have yet to see this on our systems (but we can see if the dialogue with only an "stop hand" icon and an "OK" button).
No problem…let me know if you need logs or anything i can try…
being an IT guy for 30 years i’m comfortable beta testing (as I've done before for you guys and also digging around in the system if needed.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Ok.. latest driver i seem to be getting somewhere..

Looks like it got the driver to mostly load.. and the right side keys "View" keys mostly do their default thing..

none of the modifier keys seems to work.. JUST like last time! - if internal commands work but nothing that relies on hot keys.

The shift ctrl alt buttons etc do nothing in any app.

The control panel IS seeing the space mouse "darkens" and the puck works as normal.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:02 pm none of the modifier keys seems to work
This is the expected behaviour if the system software (a DriverKit Extension or "dext") is not loading.

If you can, please follow the instructions in the topic "Examine the Installed System Extensions" in this page. Specifically, run the following command in Terminal...

Code: Select all

systemextensionsctl list
... and let us know what's the exact output.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

ngomes wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:39 am
cjadams wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:02 pm none of the modifier keys seems to work
This is the expected behaviour if the system software (a DriverKit Extension or "dext") is not loading.

If you can, please follow the instructions in the topic "Examine the Installed System Extensions" in this page. Specifically, run the following command in Terminal...

Code: Select all

systemextensionsctl list
... and let us know what's the exact output.
Last login: Tue Jul 5 17:24:40 on console
cjadams@Phoenix ~ % sudo systemextensionsctl list
Password:
2 extension(s)
--- com.apple.system_extension.driver_extension
enabled active teamID bundleID (version) name [state]
* * 9D93Y2RD6L com.3dconnexion.dext (1.2.296/1.2.296) com.3dconnexion.dext [activated enabled]
--- com.apple.system_extension.endpoint_security
enabled active teamID bundleID (version) name [state]
* * GUNFMW623Y com.bitdefender.agentui.sp (1.5.5/1.5.5.370) Bitdefender.SPSE [activated enabled]
cjadams@Phoenix ~ %