CadMouse losing connection and double-clicking

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

mdjska

CadMouse losing connection and double-clicking

Post by mdjska »

Hi,
I've had issues with my CadMouse for a couple of months now, and it persists regardless of OS updates, 3DxWare updates and firmware updates.
One is that the mouse is often (not always, and it's as if it's getting worse for a couple of days, then better) double-clicks when it's only pressed once.
The other is that it randomly "loses connection" (even though it's wired) for a couple of seconds at a time. It can be seen on the screenshot as "No Device Found". Then it will automatically reconnect and the settings will show "CadMouse - Firmware 1.06" again. This is very annoying and basically makes the mouse useless for work.
Anybody has seen something like this?
If these are hardware issues, can it be fixed? I don't think I have the warranty any more..

I'm on macOS 12.4, but it was the same on Big Sur.

Thanks in advance
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.27.34.png
Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.27.34.png (113.12 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
ngomes

Re: CadMouse losing connection and double-clicking

Post by ngomes »

mdjska wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:31 am I've had issues with my CadMouse [...] One is that the mouse is often [...] double-clicks when it's only pressed once.
That sounds like an issue with the device hardware, not the system software. Do you see these spurious double-clicks when the device has just "lost connection" (your other reported issue)?
The other is that it randomly "loses connection" (even though it's wired) for a couple of seconds at a time. It can be seen on the screenshot as "No Device Found". Then it will automatically reconnect and the settings will show "CadMouse - Firmware 1.06" again. This is very annoying and basically makes the mouse useless for work.
Try wiggling the USB cable and connector to see if there are any bad electrical contacts.
Nuno Gomes
mdjska

Post by mdjska »

No, when it "looses connection", the mouse cannot be moved or clicked, it acts precisely as if it's not plugged in.
Plugging the usb connector in and out does "fix" the connection sometimes until it happens again 2 mins later.
If it is a bad cable/electrical contact inside the mouse, can it even be fixed? It doesn't look like the mouse can be taken apart?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

mdjska wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 am If it is a bad cable/electrical contact inside the mouse, can it even be fixed?
I can't say for sure as it depends on a lot of factors.
Plugging the usb connector in and out does "fix" the connection sometimes until it happens again 2 mins later.
That indicates an hardware problem, as suspected. Try connecting the device to a different USB port on that same machine to rule out a problem with the USB port. If you still see this connection issue, it is best to get in touch with our Technical Support team (details here) to verify the warranty status of your CadMouse.