Anyone using Blender with SpaceMouse Enterprise?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Re: Anyone using Blender with SpaceMouse Enterprise?

Post by ngomes »

We have more information on this.

Blender is using the driver API to set a "mask" to capture the control of device buttons. In other words, it is the intent of the application developers to handle the raw button events in Blender, bypassing the button settings in the "3Dconnexion" pane in System Preferences.

The 10.7.0 driver did have a bug that caused it to ignore the "mask" set by the application. This is why some of you are seeing a different behaviour after upgrading to 10.7.1 or later: that bug was fixed and the "mask" is handled as in driver 10.6.7 and older.

Our recommendation is to use the Blender "User Preferences" to configure your SpaceMouse.
Tullywhistles

Post by Tullywhistles »

For anyone interested, here's how I got past this problem:

You actually have to call the correct function in Preferences>Keymap - scroll down to the key bindings. At the end of each section (I used "window") there is an "Add New" button.

Here's an example. I used button 1 to represent the number 1 to select vertices in edit mode.
Blender enterprise.jpg
Blender enterprise.jpg (174.17 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Hope this helps someone because it wasn't intuitive to me. AND before you ask, I don't know all of the function calls. You can look up the keymap for what you want to activate. For example, I wanted to simulate pressing the "1" so in the search bar at the top of the keymap page I entered "1". Then I looked for the function call associated with a "1" press in the correct context.

Cheers,
Erik
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

i can't get any buttons to work, not even with 10.7.0, the last working version. since i upgraded to Ventura, i had to reinstall and that killed everything :(
i alreday opend up an case, but the Mail supports advice was to re install... :roll: wow...
then i called the support, that was 5min of my life where i got the feeling that this will never be solved. The person had no clue what to say, or about the status of this issue... nothing. It was like: "yes thers made a problem, but i can't tell u anything about it" to all other questions the answer was just silence. not a single word.
Somehow all my hope died after that phone call that there will ever be a real fix for that software problems. It seems no one really cares about it.
i don't understand how an company can work like this.

any one any tips how to get the buttons running? not even shift, nothing, i can't map them, its just an useless brick. i paid a lot of money for that thing and im just disappointed. i even removed the .dext files via recovery mode in terminal. i cleaned out all system files in library... fresh install of 10.7.0. but nothing works anymore :(

i don't think there will be an new driver the next year that will fix it. Development seems to be years behind time.