3DxMacWare 1.0.1 Release

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

znissan
User
User

3DxMacWare 1.0.1 Release

Post by znissan »

Hello:

The first release of 3DxMacWare is now available from the download section of our website!

This release includes support for Google SketchUp 6, Maya (8.5 is required for Mac Intel systems), formZ and also available, plug-in and demo for QuickTime QTVR formats for your QT viewer. We have supplied a panorama with the driver -- please visit the 3Dconnexion Preference Pane and select Demos, and you can move around the panoramic scene!

We also have a new SDK (currently in beta) for Mac which is good timing since we're generating some added interest all around the globe.

Speaking of globe, we know that the application you all want to see (and us too) is Google Earth on Mac. We promise -- it's coming. Look for it mid-April, and we'll keep you updated if it's a minute sooner.

As always, please post on this board with all your feedback or questions.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
seacrets

Slower Speed in Sketchup 6

Post by seacrets »

Hello,

I find it to be much slower when rotating and zooming in sketchup than in the previous driver, even if I move the Overall Speed to the right.

Is anyone experiencing the same issue? Is it possible to revert to the old driver?

Thanks

UPDATE: I reverted to the old driver and everything is working fine again.
GregVDS

Post by GregVDS »

I experiences different things with the new driver compared to the old one:

The Midi Navigator has lost practically all sensitivity. The green bars hardly move from the null.

ControllerMate no more feels the Space Navigator. It still is there, but before, just touching the device produced response in the six degrees of movement/rotation, and now, nothing reacts no more.

In the 3D demos, translations and rotations are very very slow. Numbers in the 3DsomethingAxis go between around +-240, while ControllerMate seems to indicate an absolute range of +-500, and I could obtain value around +-380 with the former driver.

There seems to be a lost of sensitivity with the new driver.

Where is the SDK for Mac, I see only files for Windows and UNIX/Linux.

All the best,

GregVDS
All the best,

GregVDS
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

seacrets,

v1.0.1 of the driver should feel the same as the beta when rotating and zooming around. It's possible that the speed settings from the beta driver are still in effect. You can go to the System Preferences -> 3Dconnexion preference panel and reset this by:
  • 1. Select the Advanced tab
    2. Click on "Use Defaults" button
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

GregVDS,

Version 1.0.1 of the driver has been recalibrated to produce a better range of values. Please see this post for more info viewtopic.php?t=537

The SDK for the Mac is a framework that's installed as part of the driver install. You'll find the framework in /Library/Frameworks/3DconnexionClient.framework.

We'll be releasing sample projects and documentation for the SDK shortly. In the meantime, there's some information on how to use it at this thread viewtopic.php?t=232
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

Thank you flomotan for your reply, that solved the problem.
GregVDS

Post by GregVDS »

Please do accept my apologies, for all is ok here now, ControllerMate works just fine with the driver 1.0.1. I don't know what I dd wrong the first time.
All the best,

GregVDS
EMoeller

OK With Wacom Intuos 3

Post by EMoeller »

The new driver works fine with my Wacom Intuos 3 (control & driver version 4.9.6.3) on a dual 1Ghz PowerPC G4 (OS X 10.4.8). No problems with Sketchup, adjusted speed to suit.

Question, the Quicktime Demo is awesome, how does one create that?

Like everyone else can't wait until the GE4 driver is released... Thanks for supporting the Mac.

Eric
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi EMoeller:

When you ask how do you create, are you asking about how to create a panorama? If you search QTVR on the web, you should find some sites that provide information and software to do that. For instance, http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/qtvr/ will provide some data and then a link to authoring tools.

If this is not what you are asking, please disregard..... :)

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
jandevries

Post by jandevries »

After installing the update and starting up the game Halo Demo I got a callibration screen and that works with the navigator but the game does not start.(even after removing the navigator) Does anyone else have the same problem
(I use a G5 dual and a macbookpro)
Sean Tracy

Unable to upgrade ???

Post by Sean Tracy »

Hello,
Hoping somone here in the "little Mac support area" might help w/ this.

I cant seem to update my driver from the original 1.0 to the 1.01 ?

The installer runs , restarts, and when I check the info in the prefs pane its still 1.0. Also, none of the demos work for me, although im still functional w/ SK-UP. (...and I did reset the default to clear old prefs)

Never seen an "upgrade fake-out" like this? Any ideas?

thanks in advance. -spt
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

The version number displayed on the pref pane has a typo error. It should say 1.0.1 but instead says 1.0 as you've mentioned.

You can check that you have the latest version by looking at the date stamp of the file /System/Library/Extensions/3Dconnexion.kext/Contents/MacOS/3Dconnexion. It should be from Feb 13, 2007.

What error are you seeing with the demos?