Does Spacemouse Pro Wireless works on Mac Os Ventura version 13?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

tototobi

Does Spacemouse Pro Wireless works on Mac Os Ventura version 13?

Post by tototobi »

Hi there,

Just bought a Spacemouse Pro Wireless, and just did a upgrade to Mac Os Ventura before that...

Not working while installing, did some reboots already.

Are there people with Ventura and a working Spacemouse? Any tips?

Otherwise, which date would there be an update to include Ventura?

Thank you :D :D
ngomes

Re: Does Spacemouse Pro Wireless works on Mac Os Ventura version 13?

Post by ngomes »

tototobi wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:59 am Otherwise, which date would there be an update to include Ventura?
Version 10.7.4 of 3DxWare 10 works in macOS 13 "Ventura" as far as we can tell.

We're currently completing the testing and if nothing wrong is -- again, nothing has been thus far -- we will update the release documentation to list the new operating system version as supported. The latest beta builds of Ventura worked well.
Nuno Gomes
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

i still can't not use all the buttons since Ventura upgrade, support couldn't help me solve the issue.
I get the message that i should give permissions every time i start my Mac. simply doesn't work for me. very very frustrating.
I tried to downgrade, upgrade, re install for 20 times or me, deleting everything, including kernel extensions. complete clean new install, nothing worked. with OS Monterey and 10.7.0 it worked. the only working driver for me in Monterey. With 10.7.4 i had the same issue that nothing was working.
I bought an Logitech MX Master 3 for Mac to compensate the lack of functions of my space mouse pro wireless for now.
configuring this buttons for blender worked like charm.
Would i buy the space mouse again? nope. Driver was always pain for me on Mac and i use it for almost a decade i guess, at first just windows, same issues, then also made the mistake to buy another one for home to use at my Mac. this one never really worked as supposed and i'm not an beginner in terms of IT things. i couldn't get it working correctly even after wasting 10-20hours.
sameg

Post by sameg »

Finder, Terminal
Finder, Terminal
3D connexion.png (181.26 KiB) Viewed 5176 times
Same to me. No chance to install the driver with the right permission.
New Mac Mini with Os 13.2.1 Ventura
Space Mouse Compact. USB Cable.
3DX Ware Version 10.7.4
CAD: Fusion 360

What helped.
Uninstall 3DConnexion driver
reboot
unplug the Space Mouse
Install 3DConnexion driver
reboot
plug the Space Mouse
In the finder/application the 3DConnexion Helper.app is not installed
"Du kannst das Programm „3DconnexionHelper.app“ nicht öffnen, da dieses Programm auf diesem Mac nicht unterstützt wird."
The Application is not supported on this mac. (Sorry about the translation....)

Right mouse click on 3DConnexionHelper App
Paketinhalt zeigen (Show Bundle Contents"?)/Contents/MacOS/3DConnexionHelper=UNIX Datei open with Terminal
If i remember then you will ask for permission in security and ..
While this Terminal Window is open and the process running for me it is possible to work in the 3Dconnexion Home and Fusion 360 as normal.

@ 3D Connexion please fix that bug. Thank you
jesse.art

Post by jesse.art »

Save yourself the trouble and just leave the usb cable plugged in. I'd been dealing with the same issues with every macOS release and decided to just use the usb cable. Solved all my space mouse issues.