Clean Install Mac OS Ventur - Still no function of Software

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

K1LLD0Z3R04

Clean Install Mac OS Ventur - Still no function of Software

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

So today I made the hard discussion to format my Mac and doing an clean install of Ventura.
First thing I did was installing 3D Ware as a first thing on an naked OS.
Guess what? the "Allow popup" appeared, I allowed everything, looked good.

BUT!!! sill not a single Button of the Space Mouse Pro wireless is working, wow.
Can anyone send a picture or video to prove that the software is working on Ventura? I highly doubt it.
If a fresh installed Mac OS does not work, then nothing does. The software is just crap at the end.

Just wanted to share my experience, to avoid others this long process of clean installing Ventura.
Save your time, just don't do it, it changes nothing.
K1LLD0Z3R04

Re: Clean Install Mac OS Ventur - Still no function of Software

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

can anyone tell something about Blender 3.4.1, Spacemouse pro wireless and on Mac? Does it work? where is the failure?
4Square

Post by 4Square »

I had the same problem, and I think I figured out why everyone (myself included) is having trouble with this.

Once you struggle to get past the "Privacy Setting" you think your done, but NO there's still more.

Go to. Finder_3Dconnection_3Dconnection Home.app_Properties and then open Tools. Select "Install Plug-ins" you'll then have to restart the computer.

Once your machine reboots it should all work, at least mine did.

Hope this can help
fractalearth

Post by fractalearth »

Sounds like i'm having a similar issue--installed newest versions of MacOS Ventura and 3D Ware to use with Google Earth Pro...has worked pretty well for the past 5 years, but now i'm not getting any response in GE Pro. I remember the "allow" being there last time I updated but i'm not seeing or finding that anywhere this time.

I installed the plug-ins but still nothing--wondering if I still have to "allow" to get this thing operational.

Any advise on how to find that?

Thx!
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

i installed current driver 10.8.0 and Plug-ins, whatever plugins are installed there?? anyone knows that? no progress in Blender.

Strange thing is, in Fusion f.e. the buttons work most of the time.
In Blender none work, I never ever have mapped them in Blender, because how to map the important ones like "shift, cmd, etc"? its not possible.
The worked since I used them, for years without issues. Now I can very rarely get the basic shift, cmd buttons to work, like in 1/50 times. I don't know what matteres if they work, sometimes I end up in restarting blender, opening options on mac, switching apps in 3D ware vice and versa. sometimes I disconnect the receiver and reconnect it. Reinstall Blender, etc. There doesn't seem to be any pattern if the the rare case appears that they work.
Sometimes they work If I have started Fusion360 before?! WTF.

AND if they work, its still strange, sometimes the stay pressed virtually systemwide, I can't do anything then with my Mac, I have to restart it hard.
Sometimes the just stop working on the fly. But all other buttons never work, its a shame for so much euros spend to basically have nothing to use.

if I compare it with my Logitech MX Master Mouse, setup buttons and just use them like charm. I wish with my space mouse I could do the same. But it's useless for 99% of my time. I would never buy one again.

I almost stopped completely with Blender due the frustration of not being able to use my space mouse. it scks with mouse control alone.
fractalearth

Post by fractalearth »

I think i've uninstalled/reinstalled so many times I can't even access the SpaceMouse properties menu anymore lol
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

I raised the topic on Blender Projects too, if anyone is interested.
https://projects.blender.org/blender/bl ... ues/107926