Ventura 13.2.1 breaks CadMouse

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

umami

Ventura 13.2.1 breaks CadMouse

Post by umami »

Prior to 13.2.1, running the most current firmware and drivers, my CadMouse Pro had wildly different tracking speeds between wireless and wired connections. All the buttons worked as expected. Not ideal, but usable. I then added a PC to my setup, which didn't like sharing the wireless dongle via KVM at startup, so I got accustomed to running it wired for a while as I get the PC workflow set up.

After updating to macOS 13.2.1, none of the mouse buttons would function at all when the mouse was connected wirelessly. Cursor tracked, but that was it. I tried reinstalling the latest drivers and firmware and was rewarded with not only non-functioning buttons, but now regardless of connection type the scroll wheel jumped from moving one line at a time when scrolling slowly, to scrolling full pages at any other scrolling speed. I toggled smart scrolling and every other option I could find to no avail.

Following another thread here, I removed the CadMouse from the wireless device manager, and now the scroll wheel seemed to function normally again via a wired connection. And the mouse was not recognized via wireless at all.

Swapped to the PC via KVM and restored the wireless connection via the 3Dconnexion software. Switched back to the Mac and wireless is working again, but the buttons again do not work. Cursor tracks, scroll wheel works properly, buttons are dead. Plugging a cable in, everything works normally.

So it appears I have a functional, cabled mouse, which is not really what I paid for, but it's better than a totally non-functional device. I filed a support ticket several days ago and have received no response from 3Dconnexion. I'm out of ideas.
ngomes

Re: Ventura 13.2.1 breaks CadMouse

Post by ngomes »

As you noted, the buttons for a wireless CadMouse do not work if the device is paired to a Universal Receiver. The device is expected to work well if connected over a cable or Bluetooth. We have a few more details on this limitation here.
Nuno Gomes