Fusion 360, Disable rotation in sketch.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

RobDamron

Fusion 360, Disable rotation in sketch.

Post by RobDamron »

I was using Fusion 360 with a space mouse on a windows machine. When I was in a sketch, if I clicked a view on the view cube, the rotation would lock to that view, I could use Shift and the center mouse button to rotate to unlock it until I wanted to lock the rotate again (which all I had to do was click a view on the view cube). Now I am using a MacBook and when I go into the sketch, the rotation doesn’t lock at all. I got used to this feature and could turn it on and off easily. Is there any way to activate that feature on the Mac?
skinnyc

Re: Fusion 360, Disable rotation in sketch.

Post by skinnyc »

Being a Windows and a Mac user of Fusion, I found the same issue.

On Windows, the 3dconnexion driver has a setting called Sketch Lock which turns off orbiting when you enter Sketch mode in Fusion.

On Mac, there is no Sketch Lock!

It's annoying if you don't want your sketch to orbit as you try and use your SpaceMouse to zoom and pan!

I contacted 3dconnexion support about this and they confirmed there is no Sketch Lock feature on the Mac version of the driver. To quote their exact words:

"I am so sorry but for now I do not see any plans to implement this function in MAC driver.
But thank you for your feedback. We kindly ask you to share your opinion with our product management. You can do so here:"

https://forms.office.com/pages/response ... EwRlZVUC4u

So, if you want to make your thoughts known, click on the link above, and fill in the form. I said it was a feature request when I filled in the form.

Cheers,

Chris
skinnyc

Post by skinnyc »

For Fusion, there is a feature in the 3dconnexion driver on Windows called Sketch Lock that is missing in the Mac version.

On Windows, Sketch Lock stops the sketch from orbiting. You can only pan and zoom. This is how I like to work.

I use both Mac and Windows, and I find it annoying that Sketch Lock is not available on Mac! It's frustrating to have the sketch orbit as you're trying to edit it.

I contacted 3dconnexion support and their reply is "we don't see this happening".

To me it doesn't make sense, if it's available on Windows, then why not on Mac????!!!!!!!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Also discussed here.
Nuno Gomes
frhd

Post by frhd »

What a bummer. I filled out a feedback form to apply some more pressure. I just got the mouse to improve my workflow on the go, and without Sketch Lock, there is no point!

Anyone got a workaround for now?