Maya Mac

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

krishowes

Maya Mac

Post by krishowes »

Hi Im experiencing serious lag when using Spacemouse wireless when using Maya 2023 on Mac. All directions are affected. Things are sticking even with low poly meshes. It's so bad that it makes the Spacemouse unusable in Maya for me.

I also use C4D and Zbrush – Spacemouse works perfectly in these apps.

Is this a common problem with the Maya driver?

Im running the latest versions of Ventura, Maya and Spacemouse Drivers.

Macbook pro 2019
2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
64 GB RAM

Thanks!
bontempos

Re: Maya Mac

Post by bontempos »

I am also having the same problems.
Houdini, Blender, even Safari or Chrome responds to my Space Mouse inputs.

Maya is 100% mute. Is there something on the hidden under the system that needs to be enabled, some permission on some hidden autodesk folder?

Apple M1
Ventura 13.3.1
bontempos

Post by bontempos »

I was still looking for something, since Unreal 5 also seems not to be working on my mac, and I don't seem to have to plugin which I need to enable in order to use my spacemouse.

While looking for that plugin (for unreal) i found a mel script "C3Dconnexion.mel" and some folders containing files supporting maya until version 2023. So no release for the 2024 plugin (for mac) ?

space mouse is working for me both on Maya 2024 and Unreal 5 - out of the box - without enabling any plugin - on window 11.
breckten

Post by breckten »

I’ve been having same issue with Maya 2024 not responding with my Space Mouse Enterprise for 7+ months with old or the latest Mac drivers. I really hope an update with a a fix arrives soon.
RVeldhuyzen

Post by RVeldhuyzen »

I'm experiencing lag in Maya with complexer models, when I move the SpaceMouse and let go, the camera in Maya keeps going for a bit. All the while it moves in slow motion.
It's not that the Mac can't handle the model, since using mouse and keyboard commands to move the camera moves super smoothly, no lag at all. It is definitely the Space Mouse /driver having issues.

I experienced this in all Maya versions up to and including the current 2024. And on both an Intel and M2 Pro Mac.
It's time to roll the dice...