Current list of applications supported on Mac OS X

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hi btdbl123 -

Our engineers use the developer preview of an OS update like Mountain Lion to get an idea of what changes in our software may be needed. If changes are needed, they will be based on the final released version of the OS.

------------
Barbara
rogergill345

Re: Current list of applications supported on Mac OS X

Post by rogergill345 »

Thanks for the up-to-date list of supported software - absolute certain seems like a Windows world available to you....
François

Post by François »

The links in the first message of this thread are now broken:
http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php
http://www.3dconnexion.com/allsupportedapps/mac.php
Can you provide new links?
Fred

Post by Fred »

When you go to our website click on Supported software you will get a dropdown and to the far right click on All Supported Software.
lordarchiebald

When will ZBRUSH be supported on mac ?

Post by lordarchiebald »

Hi. Does anybody the current state of play regarding when space mouse can be used in Zbrush ?

There seem to be loads of old posts asking but no real answers.

Many thanks in advance.

Archie
greg68

Post by greg68 »

Alias Design 2015 finally Supported !!!
mistereight

Post by mistereight »

why autocad 2014 and vectorworks 2014 are not supported?! :cry: :cry: which software you think that the user of the 3dconnexion use for the technical drawing?! is possible to will support again this kind of software....???
lord anubis

Post by lord anubis »

I'am really surprised :shock: :shock: :cry: that autocad 2015 isn't working with my 3D Space Navigator. I did ask the salesmen if it would work with sketchup and autocad. "Yes of course".

Can some one elaborate or tell me/us more about this and how to get it work.
lord anubis

Post by lord anubis »

Nobody, can give me some directions? Really nobody?
Are there any trick to get it working with ACAD 2015?
Climberfx

Post by Climberfx »

Pass 9 years, since the first post here, and we have Autocad, Maya, After Effects, Apple Maps, and none of then have driver for OSX.
9 years!
Maya 2016 Ext 2, still no driver to use.
I believe the future of Spacemouse is to appear in some Sy Fy episodes on TV, because there are all fake and they don't need any driver to work, and in the real word, is the end for this super pretty useless hardware.
Congrats, you all, you manage to tricked me straight!
luping

Post by luping »

Climberfx wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 pm Pass 9 years, since the first post here, and we have Autocad, Maya, After Effects, Apple Maps, and none of then have driver for OSX.
9 years!
Maya 2016 Ext 2, still no driver to use.
I believe the future of Spacemouse is to appear in some Sy Fy episodes on TV, because there are all fake and they don't need any driver to work, and in the real word, is the end for this super pretty useless hardware.
Congrats, you all, you manage to tricked me straight!
The problem is that the consumers who actually paid for the purchase of 3Dconnexion devices to be used with Mac OS don't seem to generate much revenue to support more 3DxWare application developers. To hire a full-time software developer, it's highly costly. Due to the fact that the sales volume doesn't seem to be high enough, it's a small business. So it stays as a hardware only a small group of people use it, not even to mention that MacOS is used by less than 10% of the totally tablet PC in the world. The sales volume for the Windows OS based customers is small too, but it's relatively larger than the customers base on Mac OS. It's the reality.
RicoHo

Post by RicoHo »

Then 3Dconnexion should clearly position itself. Mac users will know that they should buy other products rather than waiting here for support.
luping

Post by luping »

RicoHo wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:28 am Then 3Dconnexion should clearly position itself. Mac users will know that they should buy other products rather than waiting here for support.
I'm an end user mainly on Windows OS, the backward compatibility is relative good.
Have you ever read the 3DCONNEXION SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT? You have to agree to it before you can install the driver. There are at least three sections or paragraphs.
5. YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.

Read it carefully.
luping

Post by luping »

relative - relatively