Final Cut Studio 2

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ettore

Post by ettore »

prune wrote:Stop dreaming. This product is born dead by lack of support of any commercial application.
Alright, this is simply not true. Check the list of supported apps:
viewtopic.php?t=801
http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/cad/2aa.php
prune wrote:It's good to impress your friends on google earth, but don't expect to use it for production work.
Again, not true. Check the links above, those are real world apps.
prune wrote: More than a year have passed, and I haven't been able to use it.

It's on my desk, cover of dust. No support for FinalCut Studio. No support for Cinema4D (even in the latest release).
And I am sorry about that. Like I said in earlier posts, we have to choose which apps to support and grow from there. And please realize that the list HAS grown since the beginning of the year: true, it is still far from reaching the level of support we have for Windoze, but support for the Mac is about 1 year old (compare with a decade of Windows support). Rest assured that the list will continue to grow for the Mac, both with in-house development and with 3rd parties relations.
prune wrote:I even get a "usb missile launcher" with joystick support but wasn't able to use it with SN.

Anyone reading here : don't buy for Macintosh !
Thing is that we are not trying to compete with joysticks. Plus, are you really going to waste more than 10 minutes with a "usb missile launcher" demo? ;)

Again, I apologize if the growth is too slow, but there is no way around it. Good thing is that there IS a growth.
ettore pasquini
software engineer
3Dconnexion, inc.
JonasLondon

Post by JonasLondon »

Wow, so - any news in February 2008 - theprice is right, the product looks neat, but as far as I can tell, I can not even jog the timeline back and forth in Final Cut with his, or even... control the audio volume in Logic? Come on... I'm better off getting a PreSonus Faderport then? Too bad, I'd really have liked to buy this... maybe I do, just for Google-Earth playtime... but really, at least let it be assigned to generic Volume Control or *something* useful.
Mac Pro 2008, 23"+30" Cinema Display, Aperture2, PS CS3