Unreal 5.0.0: Cook error from TDxUnrealEditor

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

3DModeler

Re: Unreal 5.0.0: Cook error from TDxUnrealEditor

Post by 3DModeler »

You misunderstand, the files that on one computer where copied manually where the v 10.8.7 ones. Checking the version 1.1.3 and the .uplugin file it's all correct.

Did you try using Rider as I suggested?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3DModeler wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:34 am the files that on one computer where copied manually where the v 10.8.7 ones. Checking the version 1.1.3 and the .uplugin file it's all correct.
Version 10.8.7 is the very latest and includes a plug-in for UE 5.0 (and 5.0.1, of course). Version 10.8.6 only had a plugin for UE 5.0EA.
Did you try using Rider as I suggested?
No.
Sophtware

Post by Sophtware »

I'm having the same issue for ANY blank game project that is using the C++ template.

I literally installed the Launcher on a new computer, then installed UE5.0.1. Updated the 3Dconnexion plugin to the latest version from the website. Made sure the plugin is in the correct UE folder. Then create a new Game project using the BLANK template and choose C++. The plugin will fail with the message in this thread.

Of course, if you create a new blank project and use Blueprints, everything works fine.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Sophtware wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:41 am Then create a new Game project using the BLANK template and choose C++.
Sophtware wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:56 am If you create a BLANK project and do NOT include Starter Content in Unreal 5.0.1
Thank you, Sophtware. That was the key detail: blank C++ project but without "Starter Content".

The build error is caused by the same underlying issue as UE-95865.

There are a few ways to work around this but the easiest is to move the "3Dconnexion" directory from:
<...>\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\3Dconnexion

to:
<...>\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\3Dconnexion

Notice the "Marketplace" sub-directory.

We're tracking this internally as WIN-1047.
3DModeler

Post by 3DModeler »

Thank god! Came back determined to fix this as I'm doing lots of environmental work now and lack of a 3D mouse is killing me, next I was going to troll through every detail in what I'm doing including the setup. Thanks you two for finding the trick, yes moving to Marketplace works for us.

@ngnomes, will this get fixed by you folks, or as a new UE5.0 release? With a new release with the fix, will the plugin need to be moved back?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3DModeler wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:28 am will this get fixed by you folks, or as a new UE5.0 release? With a new release with the fix, will the plugin need to be moved back?
This will be fixed by us, 3Dconnexion. In fact, the fix for WIN-1047 is done (installer change only, currently under test) and will be included in version 10.8.8 of 3DxWare 10.

All you need to do is remove the files that you copied manually and then install the new software. The installer will probably override the files just fine but it is always better to undo the manual file copies before installing the next update of 3DxWare 10.
3DModeler

Post by 3DModeler »

Great thanks.

One issue, doing the workaround on the build machine gives the following error during a build/Cook

Library 'I:\Engine\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\3Dconnexion\TDxUnrealEditor/Source/ThirdParty/NavLib\lib\x64\TDxNavLib.lib' was not resolvable to a file when used in Module 'TDxUnrealEditor', assuming it is a filename and will search library paths for it. This is slow and dependency checking will not work for it. Please update reference to be fully qualified alternatively use PublicSystemLibraryPaths if you do intended to use this slow path to suppress this warning.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3DModeler wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:57 am One issue, doing the workaround on the build machine gives the following error during a build/Cook

Library 'I:\Engine\UE_5.0\Engine\Plugins\Marketplace\3Dconnexion\TDxUnrealEditor/Source/ThirdParty/NavLib\lib\x64\TDxNavLib.lib' was not resolvable to a file when used in Module 'TDxUnrealEditor', assuming it is a filename and will search library paths for it. This is slow and dependency checking will not work for it. Please update reference to be fully qualified alternatively use PublicSystemLibraryPaths if you do intended to use this slow path to suppress this warning.
That's a warning, not an error.

Open the TDxUnrealEditor.Build.cs file and comment out line 75:

Code: Select all

//PublicAdditionalLibraries.Add(System.IO.Path.Combine(NavLibPath, "lib", "x64", "TDxNavLib.lib"));
Let us know if this prevents the warning for you.
3DModeler

Post by 3DModeler »

Wups - you're right, the actual error is further along and my fault. Anyhow that did fix the warning - thanks so much!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.8.8 of 3DxWare 10 for Windows was published today, July 22nd. The software is available for download here and includes a fix for WIN-1047