Config file disappearing

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwick

Re: Config file disappearing

Post by jwick »

That previous file was from when you had replaced the hyperworks.xml that I sent you? Or was from before that?
I would have expected a new file to be referencing that new file I sent you. You did put that into Program Files...?
BoiledHairDryer

Post by BoiledHairDryer »

jwick wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:00 am That previous file was from when you had replaced the hyperworks.xml that I sent you? Or was from before that?
I would have expected a new file to be referencing that new file I sent you. You did put that into Program Files...?
It's AFTER I replaced the cfg in ProgramFiles,I checked again and try everthing again after rebooting the computer,and It's still not working and the bak file is same as the file I sent you earlier.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I'm trying to get a copy of the application.
I'll let you know what I find out.
BoiledHairDryer

Post by BoiledHairDryer »

Hi jwick,I think I know where goes wrong.
The xml file you give me didin't be apply when I use hyperworks,I noticed it in the icon in the system tray.
however,magic happened when I deleted the line with <SiOpenAppName> in the xml file.Every thing solved,the hyperworks.xml is correctedly applied when I use hyperwork and the config file saves correctlly also.
But I don't know if I should just delete the line cause I don't know the meaning of it and what side effect it may cause.I'll be happy if you can share progress with me about it.
jwick

Post by jwick »

That's a good fix.
I'll change that in our upcoming release.
Thanks for pointing it out.
gowrath

Post by gowrath »

How are you guys handling the loss of spacemouse control when switching apps?
If I have HWX desktop open, it takes control of the spacemouse. If I switch directly to HyperView, the spacemouse still controls the HWX desktop window. I have to first switch to some other window (of a non-3D app) and then switch to HyperView.
This doesn't happen all the time.