Advance Settings in 3DExperience (CATIA V6) when on Sketcher mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

LuisVC807

Advance Settings in 3DExperience (CATIA V6) when on Sketcher mode

Post by LuisVC807 »

I've currently using the 3DxWare 10.8.7.3448 and the 3DxWinCore 17.8.7.19322. that I installed when my work upgraded our workstations.

This update is now set up, so the space mouse works only with PAN/ZOOM when I am in sketch mode in 3DExperience (CATIA V6). I've tried to find setup options in 3DConnexion but cannot find a way, so the setting default to PAN/ZOOM and ROTATION when I go to sketch mode.

Do you know if this is solved in 3DxWare 10.8.10? or any other way around to default those navigation setups?

I cannot just update the software because then I have to open a request to my works IT, and it's just too troublesome.
ngomes

Re: Advance Settings in 3DExperience (CATIA V6) when on Sketcher mode

Post by ngomes »

LuisVC807 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:03 pm but cannot find a way, so the setting default to PAN/ZOOM and ROTATION when I go to sketch mode.
I don't think there is a way to change this as a default. I believe it is necessary to manually enable rotations (which can be done using the "rotation lock" button in your SpaceMouse or by assigning the corresponding driver command to a device button and pressing it).
Nuno Gomes
yokeholiday

Re: Advance Settings in 3DExperience (CATIA V6) when on Sketcher mode

Post by yokeholiday »

In 3DExperience's sketch mode, the space mouse will now only activate PAN/ZOOM thanks to the latest update (CATIA V6). When I go to sketch mode in 3DConnexion, the controls automatically switch to PAN/ZOOM and ROTATION despite my efforts to change them. phrazle