Cad Mouse change default configuration without 3dx Software

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Sam1987

Cad Mouse change default configuration without 3dx Software

Post by Sam1987 »

Hi there,

I am a long time user of the CAD Mouse wireless.

I use it mostly for development of applications that run inside of Creo Parametric.

I never use any of the "smart" function of the mouse and would like to disable them permanently. I really like the 3 Mouse button setup of the mouse and would preferably just use it without the 3DxWare.

Unfortunately there are two things that I cannot change without the driver installed. The first is the smart scrolling functionality and the second is the swapping of the buttons.
I prefer the following default setup: LB, RB, MB instead of the current default LB, MB, RB.

is there any way to change this without installing 3DxWare?

Greetings Sam
jwick

Re: Cad Mouse change default configuration without 3dx Software

Post by jwick »

What functionality don't you like? Changing the assignments every time you change apps? You can disable that.

The button swap is saved and restored when you reboot. This is done by a service, which you could run w/o the main driver (3DxService.exe).
Some of the smart scrolling is done by the firmware, so you could have most of that w/o the driver.
Sam1987

Post by Sam1987 »

Hi,

I want to just use the moues without any drivers.
Just pair via BT and have following settings:

- Smart scrolling disabled
- Button scheme 1. LB, 2. RB, 3. MB

How can I do this?

Greetings Sam
jwick

Post by jwick »

You would need to run the driver (3DxService.exe) at least once and setup the device the way you want (swap buttons, smart scrolling on, etc).

After that, you still need to run a service that comes with 3DxWare, or you will lose everything when you reboot. You do not need to do anything extra to allow this to run.

You should not need to run 3DxService.exe after that. You will lose application-sensitivity and the smart scrolling functionality that stops the auto-scroll when you switch app focus. You can prevent 3DxService.exe from starting by removing its autostart reg entry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\3DxWare Service).