Ansys not working after restarting program

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Fons

Ansys not working after restarting program

Post by Fons »

Hi,

I have an issue with my spacemouse in combination with Ansys for which I could not find the solution.

When I have Ansys APDL open and then stop and start the 3DxWare software the spacemouse works,
when I next restart the Ansys application it does not respond anymore, this behavior stays the same until I restart the 3DxWare software.
Can anybody point me to the issue and hopefully also the solution?

Thanks,
Fons
luping

Re: Ansys not working after restarting program

Post by luping »

Why you want to restart Ansys application? Does the Ansys application has some memory leak issue that you have to restart the application?
Fons

Post by Fons »

"Restarting Ansys" might give the wrong impression here. There is no particular reason to close the program, just the same as you would close a powerpoint presentation for example and than open a new one. When I close the Ansys APDL program and startup the program the 3D mouse fails, only after stopping and starting the 3DxWare software while I have Ansys APDL running it works again.
luping

Post by luping »

You may send an email to ANSYS support to enquire the specific 3Dconnexion 3DxWare SDK version. It might be the case that ANSYS integrated the 3DxWare API into the software long ago, but didn't update the API to 3DxWare SDK v4.