SpaceMouse Enterprise stops functioning and cannot import settings after reset

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

edsager

SpaceMouse Enterprise stops functioning and cannot import settings after reset

Post by edsager »

My situation:

Twice in the last 2 weeks my SpaceMouse Enterprise went black. No lights, no LCD screen...just black.

The first time, I unplugged and re-plugged the mouse, uninstalled the 3DConnexzion software and the mouse driver and restarted my computer. I then instilled the latest version of the software and was able to import my exported settings.

Everything was fine until today.

I unplugged and re-plugged the mouse, reverted back to default settings and restarted my computer. The screen came back, but when I imported my exported settings, they did not come back. I have tried this several times with two (2) different settings files with nothing being imported.

I have only had this mouse for a few months and am very disappointed by these recent happenings. I have tight deadlines and this mouse has become part of my workflow and I do not have time to mess about with it whenever it chooses to misbehave.

I ran the diagnostic software, but I have no clue as to what is in there and it is too large to upload here.

Any ideas as to how to resolve these issues?
luping

Re: SpaceMouse Enterprise stops functioning and cannot import settings after reset

Post by luping »

Any ideas as to how to resolve these issues?
Does your imported settings are from some previous version of 3DxWare driver? Well, the 3Dconnexion 3DxWare driver may not be fully compatible from version to version. In this case, my recommendation is that you install the exact version of the 3DxWare driver as the version you exported the settings file.

As for long-term settings archive, I'd like to suggest that you write down all the 3DxWare setting steps/instructions for your software on a notebook(physical form). Next time, when you update your software and the 3DxWare driver, you can replicate the whole setting process from the notes on the notebooks.
jwick

Re: SpaceMouse Enterprise stops functioning and cannot import settings after reset

Post by jwick »

edsager,

Could you PM a link to the 3DxDiag* file you collected? (OneDrive, DropBox, etc).