3ds Max 2024 Support

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

amanguy

3ds Max 2024 Support

Post by amanguy »

Hi, I was wondering if there is any idea of when the Space Mouse driver for 3ds Max 2024 will be available. Thanks a lot!

-Alex
ngomes

Re: 3ds Max 2024 Support

Post by ngomes »

amanguy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm when the Space Mouse driver for 3ds Max 2024 will be available.
The add-in for version 2024 of Autodesk 3ds Max was included in v. 10.8.12 of 3DxWare 10, released at end of February.

The add-in was released before the official 2024 announcement and 3Dconnexion is under an agreement to keep references to unreleased application versions strictly confidential. As such, there was no mention to the support for 3ds Max 2024 in the original documentation (release notes) for v. 10.8.12 of 3DxWare 10.
Nuno Gomes
luping

Post by luping »

What kind of new features or performance enhancements you must want out of the initial release bug-ridden 3ds Max 2024, rather than go with any stable previous release to get the work done to keep you ahead of the competition curve? I'm quite curious.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I'll try to explain.

Some people are impatiently hoping for a new release of Software as it may contain
a certain feature or often important Bug Fixes, which will no more find its way
into previous versions.
With more and more available subscription only, you paid already for it, you want it.

I personally even do most of the time do real work Beta Releases or even daily builds,
for most of my Pro Software as well as for the OS.
An my experience for the last 3+ years is that beside being more functional and
even are more stable than final releases, as bugs mostly relate to new functionality
only while bugs in existing features were already solved in the Betas.

Generally Beta versions are open to and available for 3rd party developers to make
there Software and Drivers ready for the final release.
There may happen unexpected difficulties for developers that delay something,
but overall not all seem to be very ambitious to start that early to do so.

(An example was, no we will wait until Apple finally releases its OS and then test
for issues - as Apple always change something until the final release,
so it would be useless to start testing already with their Betas.
Which, as they used to release their new Software about 0ne week before Apples
newest OS release, at one point ended in many months delay for current OS support.
Which made users pretty angry that had to renew their Macs which were only available
with the most recent OS.
That behavior at least was given up after Apple allowed public OS Betas,
which many, also not so tech savy users, installed in good intent.
Now that specific App is always early Beta testing and most time successful initially
supporting newest OS releases)
luping

Post by luping »

So as an employee you can exploit the newest release or even beta version of non-free proprietary commercial software to increase your salary negotiation power/return of labour? Or as a business owner you can exploit the newest release to outrun your competitor to get new orders from customers to increase return on equity/investment?
amanguy

Post by amanguy »

ngomes wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:23 am
amanguy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm when the Space Mouse driver for 3ds Max 2024 will be available.
The add-in for version 2024 of Autodesk 3ds Max was included in v. 10.8.12 of 3DxWare 10, released at end of February.

The add-in was released before the official 2024 announcement and 3Dconnexion is under an agreement to keep references to unreleased application versions strictly confidential. As such, there was no mention to the support for 3ds Max 2024 in the original documentation (release notes) for v. 10.8.12 of 3DxWare 10.
Great, thanks a lot for the reply and info!
Granado

Post by Granado »

Here it´s not working, neither in windows 10 nor 11.