Driver installation error 1327 Invalid Drive

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Deonvd

Driver installation error 1327 Invalid Drive

Post by Deonvd »

When attempting to install latest WIN 64 driver, I get the following error about half way through:

Error 1327.Invalid Drive: Z:\

Drive Z is a mapped network drive to an external hard drive (NAS)

Have tried installation with drive disconnected, no joy.
Have tried rebooting,
Have tried new local user user account, same problem.

Anyone got any ideas?
UtaSH

Re: Driver installation error 1327 Invalid Drive

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Deonvd,

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the needed trouble shooting and assist with a solution.
spike-23

Post by spike-23 »

I had the same issue. The message kept appearing at the end of the installation, when in fact all the 3Dconnection programms were already installed and linked in the start menu. Once I clicked OK, the setup would begin uninstall everything and close with an error message.

My solution was to wait for the error message to appear during installation. Then I started windows task manager and used it to end the setup. This closed the setup window immediately, so the installation would not be undone. Now I can run all the 3Dconnection programms and the space mouse works perfecly.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

spike-23 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:38 am My solution was to wait for the error message to appear during installation. Then I started windows task manager and used it to end the setup. This closed the setup window immediately, so the installation would not be undone.
In all likelihood, there is a missing file software in the installation or something similar. The described work-around may have left the installation in the an invalid state. Instead of leaving the system like this, it may be preferable to have it looked into by 3Dconnexion's tech support team.
Nuno Gomes