Icons on the radial menu

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Mercuriel

Icons on the radial menu

Post by Mercuriel »

Hello,

My radial menu is strange since some weeks, its not an hardware problem since i changed mouse recently.
It worked fine for months, then it begins to show weird icons for some of the 3d connexion preset macros for sketchup.
I tried to uninstall software, pilote and folders related to 3dconnexion before re-installing it, then importing my preset
and the icons remains the same.

It is not a very annoying problem, i still can create my own macros for sketchup and have it writer in letters to replace those icons.
Anyone have an idea ?

I wish you all a good week end, respecfully.
Mercuriel

Re: Icons on the radial menu

Post by Mercuriel »

luping

Post by luping »

Mercuriel

Post by Mercuriel »

Thank you for the link, but i've not created any icons, the subject is about the icons natively incorporated to 3d connexion when used with sketchup.
The 3d connexion software comes with preconfigured macros (with icons) for many softwares. It is the case for Sketchup, and i had thos native icons for months before they disapeared (actually became kind of a flat line like if they were compressed to 1pixel height).

But if there is no simple solution posted i'll follow the way you shared (thanks a lot), but it will take uge amount of time to find, rework and name each icons, i hope a simple way (like folder replacement) will be posted ^^'.

I wish you a good day.
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Mercuriel,

If this is not the normal display for the icon then its possibly related to corrupted file or folder. Also, i would recommend updating to the latest driver 10.7.4

You can follow the steps below to uninstall the current driver then do cleaning and test it afterwards etc.

Uninstall the current driver from your machine by going to Control Panel.
Once that done, please do steps 2,3,4 in our FAQ here https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... n-windows/ (instead of renaming the folders, please delete them)
Reboot your machine
Reinstall the current driver from our website https://3dconnexion.com/us/drivers/
Reboot your machine
Test it

Regards,
Abdul. A
Mercuriel

Post by Mercuriel »

Thank you very much for your answer.

I already tried that since i followed the support team suggestions for a scrolling problem (the icons problem already existed before that).
Following their instructions i had to uninstall the software and drivers, all the 3d connexion related folders in C: ...

Not only it did not change anything on the icons, but even if i exported all the confiuration of my 3d connexion devices before, when i imported them after reinstall drivers from the website, it only took the buttons parameters and i lost all my spacemouse navigation configuration on all 3d softwares i was using.

Now i'm searching solution for 3 problems :

- The icons shown above (i could retry this reinstall but after finding the solution for the second problem, behind this one).

- A proper way to really save / export all the parameters including the spacemouse navigation configuration (how the 6 axis react in each software) in order to not lost them when i reinstall or update the drivers.

- Scrolling which works fine the first 2-3 weeks (even with smart scrolling activated), then start to accelerate the scrolling randomly by itself : when i worked fine i had to make a precise count of "scrolling ticks" (5-6) in a short time to actiate the smart scrolling acceleration, now it sometimes activate with 2-3 "scrolling ticks" and sometimes with 8-9 "scrolling ticks", sometimes the scroll misses some "scrolling ticks" making it not react, and sometimes the smart scrolling acceleration reverse itself in the wrong direction (i'm scrolling down, even slowly, then it acceleration in the upper dirrection and i lost where i was in the text i was reading or in my 3d model). Some weeks ago the support team sent me a new mouse, which first worked fine, and progressively the same problem apeared. Now the problem is something like 30% what it was with the older mouse but it get worse each week. The mouse never received any shock (very protected work environment and a lot of caring), always been used with official usb receiver or cable, and nothing never changed in my hardwares / softwares since the moment it worked fine to now. I'm using the scrolling quite ofter since in my work i need it to make research in long texts or zooming in my 3d models. I really think there is a problem with the cadmouse compact wireless which appears progresivelly. It may be necessary to send a survey to each users in order to know how many are concerned by this bug, with which mouse and knowing the moment it start apearing. if this particular mouse have a conception problem and considering the cost of it / the use of it in professionnal applicatons, i think it should be replaced with another serie which does not encouter this kind of very annoying bugs.

Thanks a lots to taking the time to read this, i really want those tools to work the best way, because i love them and when they works fine they are really positive gamechanger / timesaver in my workflow. You can copy-send the message to other people in the support team to help finding olutions together.

I wish you a great day and a good summer, respectfully.
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Mercuriel,

Thanks for the updates! This is odd as if you disable the smart scrolling, that shouldn't be happening unless if there's an electrical issue with the wheel itself.
If you already contacted our technical support before, have you tried updating the firmware on the device?
If you didn't then i highly recommend to do so as this might fix the problem, if it didn't then we might need to replace it for you.
I will definitely report this to our team for further investigation.

Thanks a lot for the detail input and will definitely forward everything over for consideration.

Regards,
Abdul. A