Two 3dConnexion Mouse - operate differently!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Travis Baldwin

Two 3dConnexion Mouse - operate differently!

Post by Travis Baldwin »

Hello all

I have two 3d connexion mice... one for the office and one for my laptop bag, both windows machines.

Both PC have 3DxWare 10 installed. The mice are ONLY used on their respective computers.

One allows me to map the middle mouse button to respond like the middle mouse button, just like it's supposed to do.

The other mouse WILL NOT allow me to program the buttons - it will not allow the middle mouse button to respond like middle mouse button, no matter how many times I go into settings and try to configure it (in this situation, the middle mouse button opens a pop up menu in Solidworks and far right button is middle mouse button.)

This is infuriating - my finger doesn't know where to click when I move between computers.

Is there something I can do to force this to map correctly? Is something blocking it on the desktop? Is it Solidworks somehow? Is mouse defective?

Please help!!! I want to throw this mouse in the trash but it was $100.

More info: This is for Solidworks use on a windows PC. I have reinstalled 3DxWare 10, but no change. I don't want to reinstall SW if I can avoid it.
aalsalihi

Re: Two 3dConnexion Mouse - operate differently!

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Travis Baldwin,

When you try to change the button functionality on the devices, you would need to make sure the Application is detected on the top of our UI.
For example, if you trying to map the buttons for Outlook as such... then our driver setting window should detect Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Open 3Dconnexion Home
- Click on Settings
- Make sure the device is selected
- Make sure its showing Outlook on the top of the setting window. If its not showing Outlook then you would need to click inside Outlook (anywhere) then click back on our setting window.
- Change the buttons
- Test it

You can also try clicking on Restore Defaults in the Setting Window and adjust the settings again.

If its still an issue then you can try doing cleaning for driver configurations and setting from our diagnostic tool. Please follow the instructions below:

Navigate to C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\3DxDiag
Run 3DxDiag.bat
You will get a small window for our Diagnostic Tool.
Make sure its not displaying in Red that the log is not enabled. If its showing then please click on Enabled log
Once that done, Scroll down under Reset
Click on Reset driver settings then press OK to delete files.
Once that done, click on the second reset button which is Reset Configuration and press OK to delete files
Once that done, test the buttons again and try to map something.

Regards,
Abdul. A