3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3740
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by UtaSH » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:55 am

Hi all,

unfortunately we are currently not able to reproduce the issue. Can you provide a step-by-step description how to reproduce this?
(We are tracking this issue with our internal tracking number TS-120.)

mattb
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:23 am

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by mattb » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi UtaSH apologies for replying so late, I didn't see your response. I attached a screenshot of how it looks for me when I'm zooming in using the Spacemouse pro in 3DS Max 2021. 2020 is similar. Not sure if this is the same thing others are seeing?
This is on a 4k screen. Not sure if that has something to do with it. Maya nd Rhino work just fine. Max is totally unusable with the Spacemouse for me now.
Attachments
3dsmax_rotation_blur.jpg
3dsmax_rotation_blur.jpg (202.34 KiB) Viewed 3400 times

hughwyeth
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:18 am

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by hughwyeth » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:13 am

Hey guys, another update from me- it's now 3 computers I've tried this on. 2 new desktops I've built myself. All latest drivers with max 2021. A third is a Dell XPS- all latest drivers and max 2021. All exhibit identical viewport blurring similar to mattb's screenshot below. It seems too much of a coincidence that it happens on 3 different computers- it must be a near universal issue with max 2021?

luping
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by luping » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:17 am

hughwyeth wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:13 am
Hey guys, another update from me- it's now 3 computers I've tried this on. 2 new desktops I've built myself. All latest drivers with max 2021. A third is a Dell XPS- all latest drivers and max 2021. All exhibit identical viewport blurring similar to mattb's screenshot below. It seems too much of a coincidence that it happens on 3 different computers- it must be a near universal issue with max 2021?
It's a bug. Try stay with older version of 3ds Max.

kurtgtr
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:09 am

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by kurtgtr » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:11 am

Of course it is a bug.

Can they fix it for us? Using an older version of software you are paying a subscription for is less than ideal.

Any update on this would be wonderful.

luping
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by luping » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:18 pm

kurtgtr wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:11 am
Of course it is a bug.

Can they fix it for us? Using an older version of software you are paying a subscription for is less than ideal.

Any update on this would be wonderful.
Wait for the next driver update, due to be released before Christmas Eve, or after new year.

romanglebov
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:19 am

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by romanglebov » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:26 am

Having same issue. 3ds max 2021, 3090. Latest drivers.
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
Снимок.PNG (14.14 KiB) Viewed 2359 times
Без имени-1.jpg
Без имени-1.jpg (204.43 KiB) Viewed 2359 times

luping
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by luping » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:31 am

romanglebov wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:26 am
Having same issue. 3ds max 2021, 3090. Latest drivers.
Professional graphics card is recommended to work with 3ds Max, Geforce gaming card is not recommended.

romanglebov
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:19 am

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by romanglebov » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 am

luping wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:31 am
romanglebov wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:26 am
Having same issue. 3ds max 2021, 3090. Latest drivers.
Professional graphics card is recommended to work with 3ds Max, Geforce gaming card is not recommended.
I really don't think graphics card could be an issue here, as this blurring only appears when I orbit the scene with my Spase Navigator. Alt+middle mouse button does great. Also, your advice on getting a new 3d mouse, reverting to older version of 3ds max and using professional graphics card instead of 3090 make little to no sense.

luping
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by luping » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:13 am

romanglebov wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 am
luping wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:31 am
romanglebov wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:26 am
Having same issue. 3ds max 2021, 3090. Latest drivers.
Professional graphics card is recommended to work with 3ds Max, Geforce gaming card is not recommended.
I really don't think graphics card could be an issue here, as this blurring only appears when I orbit the scene with my Spase Navigator. Alt+middle mouse button does great. Also, your advice on getting a new 3d mouse, reverting to older version of 3ds max and using professional graphics card instead of 3090 make little to no sense.
Oh, really? The use of SpaceNavigator forced the GPU in a continues rendering mode, rather than rendering per frame by Alt+middle mouse. The Nvidia professional Quadro or RTX series cards have better support for full OpenGL extensions. You just want to save money by using Geforce card, the professional card like Quadro RTX 8000 or RTX A6000 is way more pricier.
Pay attention to the product market positioning for professional visualization:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/design-visualization/

luping
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by luping » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:21 am

Actually, you can switch the visualization engine from Nitrous to Direct3D or OpenGL.

Pay another visit here:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/sites/de ... ne2020.pdf

luping
Posts: 536
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by luping » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:22 am

Important: Although Autodesk tested the NVIDIA GeForce and AMD Radeon consumer graphics cards, it is Autodesk, NVIDIA, and AMD policy to only recommend and support the professional NVIDIA Quadro and AMD FirePro graphics family cards.

mbonk
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:06 am

Re: 3ds Max 2020 Rotation Blur

Post by mbonk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Is this still an issue?

If it is can someone who is experiencing the issue please confirm that the Nitrous driver is being used for the viewport and that 'Views->Progressive Display' is checked. (The issue appears to only apply to the Nitrous driver.)

The current working hypothesis is that unchecking 'Views->Progressive Display' stops the blurring. Unclear are the possible side effects of this. If there are other workarounds please let us know.

Post Reply