'3D Spacemouse-Wireless' keeps crashing. Which driver should I use? (on Windows 10 x64)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ship69

'3D Spacemouse-Wireless' keeps crashing. Which driver should I use? (on Windows 10 x64)

Post by ship69 »

Hello

1. I recently installed version 10.8.2 (64 bit version). I am running Windows10 (x64)

2. I can't get my "3D SpaceMouse - Wireless" to work using OnShape (web). Until recently it WAS working!

3. I keep getting error message saying "3DxWare stopped unexpectedly"

And sure enough I can't get the trainer to work either.
Should I be installing the 64 bit to match my Windows operating system, or the 32 bit version?
Should I uninstall and re-install a previous version of the 3DxWare?

J
ship69

Re: '3D Spacemouse-Wireless' keeps crashing. Which driver should I use? (on Windows 10 x64)

Post by ship69 »

PS I am now getting another error:

"Error: Could not locate an installed 3Dconnection device.
Please install you motion controller driver software
before proceeding."

How do I install my "motion controller driver software" ?

Should I completely re-install the file: 3DxWare64_v10-8-2_r3385.exe (64 bit version)
If so how should I best do the uninstall?
e.g. Should I use something like Revo Uninstaller to make sure that no junk is left behind?

Or should I install the 32 bit version?
Or should I install an older version?

J
ship69

Re: '3D Spacemouse-Wireless' keeps crashing. Which driver should I use? (on Windows 10 x64)

Post by ship69 »

Also do I need to update the firmware of my 3D Spacemouse (wireless) and if so how should I do that?
ship69

Post by ship69 »

UPDATE:
Out of increasing desperation, I have now installed version 10.6.4 of the "3DxWare10" software.

I found it here:
https://3dconnexion.com/uk/archived-dri ... s-10-64bit

At least it hasn't instantly crashed... like the recommended v10.8.2.3385 was doing!

OP
bluevoice

Post by bluevoice »

I have the exact same issue with the latest 10.8.2 version and I had to revert to the 10.6.4 version. Is there a solution for this issue?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Sorry. My bug. This is a bug in the handling of the old original device-specific wireless receiver.

A Universal Receiver should work and the device should work with the USB cable. The device would also work with the wireless receiver built into the Keyboard Pro.

A fix will be released shortly. Date TBD.

If you want to use the device-specific wireless receiver, the best release to use is 10.7.4 (not 10.6.anything). If you go to 10.6.x you will have problems with your old saved settings.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The previous software version, 10.7.4, can be downloaded from the "archive" here.
Nuno Gomes
luping

Post by luping »

jwick wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:44 pm Sorry. My bug. This is a bug in the handling of the old original device-specific wireless receiver.

A Universal Receiver should work and the device should work with the USB cable. The device would also work with the wireless receiver built into the Keyboard Pro.

A fix will be released shortly. Date TBD.

If you want to use the device-specific wireless receiver, the best release to use is 10.7.4 (not 10.6.anything). If you go to 10.6.x you will have problems with your old saved settings.
I can attest to this bug, immediately after I switched from a 3Dconnexion universal wireless receiver to SpaceMouse Pro Wireless' receiver with a 'Pro' name silk screen, the 3DxService.exe crashed, it led to the unresponsiveness of SpaceMouse Pro Wireless operation.
AnthT

Post by AnthT »

hmm, I tried plugging in via USB and my space mouse charges, but isn't recognised as a USB device
jwick

Post by jwick »

AnthT,
hmm, I tried plugging in via USB and my space mouse charges, but isn't recognised as a USB device
Windows says this when you attach it?
That's much more interesting.
I assume you have done the usual: reboot, disconnect, try a different USB port...
AnthT

Post by AnthT »

tried rebooting, reconnecting, different ports, stopping and restarting the driver, calibrating....
Nothing worked, so I gave up and dug out an old USB spacemouse
I'll use that until a new driver comes out.

After 22 years of spacemice, I just can't work without one!
iturriaga.al

Post by iturriaga.al »

I am having the same issue. Any support?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.8.3 of our Windows software was published earlier today, Oct 21. The new software can downloaded from here.

Our apologies to all affected customers, especially those of you using a legacy receiver for the SpaceMouse Wireless or SpaceMouse Pro Wireless.
AnthT

Post by AnthT »

:( is this a subtle attempt to get me to buy a new spacemouse?

I've installed the new software and it doesn't crash anymore :D
however.... it is very very jerky and slow, unusable (spacemouse wireless with USB dongle, wire USB does not work)
I've tried all the reboots, calibrations and resets possible, no joy
so I'm once again using my old wired spacemouse
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi AnthT,

Is it also jerky in our demos?

Jim