2d only in Davinci

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

lucatu90

2d only in Davinci

Post by lucatu90 »

hi, i start by apologizing for my bad english. I wanted to ask you if there is a way to control my space mouse in 2d mode only on Davinci resolve, and return to 3d mode when I close this
jwick

Re: 2d only in Davinci

Post by jwick »

I don't know anything about Davinci but we have some users using the 3D mouse as a jog wheel in video editing applications.
There is a cfg file (XML) for each application, in which you can define what happens while that application is in focus.

If Davinci supports analog controls, for example, a joystick, the driver can output joystick events while Davinci is in focus.
It can also emulate 2D mouse actions.
Finally there are a couple of APIs that can be used to do anything more sophisticated.

There is no GUI for creating these special XML files. I'll have to help you create them.
There are also examples on the forum and some video editing users chime in on occasion.
lucatu90

Post by lucatu90 »

Thanks for the reply! it might be enough even if I could control the mouse in 2d only in this application (davinci) and in 3d when I close this one. if this function is possible, could you explain me how to do it? I tried to search on the forum, but my poor command of the English language did not make me understand anything
jwick

Post by jwick »

What did you want to do in Davinci? Scroll the timeline using the SpaceMouse as a jog wheel?

How do you do this with the mouse? Something like Mouse X/Y + LMB + Ctrl/Shift/Alt?
imtsprvsr

Post by imtsprvsr »

Hi @jwick
What did you want to do in Davinci? Scroll the timeline using the SpaceMouse as a jog wheel?
That's exactly what I want to do.

I looked up some DIY Jogwheel projects (such as this: https://github.com/ZackFreedman/Big-Whe ... /actions.h).

It looks like the fire a sequence of arrow key's at the program, not an analogue value.

Is it possible to make the spaceMouse sending a series arrow keys when tilted or turned on some axis, the speed proportional to the tilt/turn angle?

best, -D
jwick

Post by jwick »

You can have our GUI make a cfg file for Davinci by making some change in our GUI when the app is in focus. E.g., assign something to a button.
This creates a file for Davinci but does not have the Axis Assignments to send arrow keys.

We ship a file that contains the Axis Assignments: KeyboardTemplate.xml.
Replace the new <Devices> section in your file with the <Devices> section from that file into your new Davinci file. Not the entire file, just the <Devices>....</Devices> section.
That will give you something to start with.
Digirob

Post by Digirob »

Hello,

I’m also interested in DaVinci and Fusion being controlled by Spacemouse.

Will your SDK help? I just signed up.

Also, if so, would I need any SDK from Blackmagic ( maker of DaVinci to accomplish this?

I use Reallusion with the Spacemouse and it controls the animation timeline flawlessly so I would think this could be achieved on DaVinci and Fusion as well.

Let me know your thoughts.

Digirob…
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

you can find the KeyboardTemplate.xml in

Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\Cfg

Your user profiles are located at

User\[username]\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg

After having created the profile (the .xml file) for DaVinci Resolve (just one assigned button is sufficient) and closed Resolve, you can replace the part indicated by jwick, save the Resolve xml, and run Resolve again. The behavior of the knob should have changed, sending arrow key commands.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise