Exception: The type initializer for 'TDx.SmartUi.App' threw an exception.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mrbassman

Exception: The type initializer for 'TDx.SmartUi.App' threw an exception.

Post by mrbassman »

Hi,

When I installed the latest 3Dconnexion driver/software and try to run it, it gives me (Exception: The type initializer for 'TDx.SmartUi.App' threw an exception.) error. Cannot use either SpaceMouse Wireless or CadMouse Pro Wireless on Windows 10. No similar problem was found on the net. Seems like I threw away a large chunk of money in the bin. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Baran.
luping

Re: Exception: The type initializer for 'TDx.SmartUi.App' threw an exception.

Post by luping »

There's might be something wrong withe .net framework runtime on your system. How about reinstalling Windows operating system, or resetting the system to restore to its initial state?
bafreeman

Post by bafreeman »

I really don't think reinstalling an entire operating system is an appropriate suggestion for a first bash at a problem. Perhaps some windows updates, especially the ones marked 'optional', which sometimes include a .NET update that not everybody needs, might be a better place to start?
bafreeman

Post by bafreeman »

mrbassman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:22 pm Hi,

When I installed the latest 3Dconnexion driver/software and try to run it, it gives me (Exception: The type initializer for 'TDx.SmartUi.App' threw an exception.) error. Cannot use either SpaceMouse Wireless or CadMouse Pro Wireless on Windows 10. No similar problem was found on the net. Seems like I threw away a large chunk of money in the bin. Any help appreciated. Cheers.

Baran.
I too have this message after the reboot.
bafreeman

Post by bafreeman »

Update: I installed the additional windows 'Feature update' and rebooted a second time and my driver started working again.

Cheers,
Brett.