How to manually remove 3DxWare?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mag00

How to manually remove 3DxWare?

Post by mag00 »

Hello all.

I'm trying to remove an old installation of 3DxWare from this computer but it was unsuccessful.

This is a Windows 7 machine and after trying to remove or update I was receiving a message saying to me insert a disc with installation files. I believe that this occurs due to this machine is inside of company and probably everything was installed from network by IT guys.

Anyway, I don't have any disk, but only the file (3DxWare64_v10-2-9_r2043) downloaded from 3D Connexion website.

As this don't work with the message asking for an installation disk, I tried to overwrite the installation with this new one.

It doesn't work to. It shows a message saying that can't be done due to incompatibility between current and new versions and suggested to remove the current one, what makes me entering in a looping mode without solution.

I tried to make some workarounds and the message changed to this one attached.

So, after all of this, I decided to give up with this and now I'm here to ask for your help.. Does anyone now how to manually remove 3DxWare from windows 7?

The software version installed here is 3.15.6, with driver version 6.15.6 and firmware 3.12.

I don't know if this is important but my device is a SpacePilot.
Attachments
Installed software version
Installed software version
3DxWare_software_version.png (177.91 KiB) Viewed 21732 times
Error message during installation of new software
Error message during installation of new software
3DxWare_error_message.png (105.57 KiB) Viewed 21732 times
UtaSH

Re: How to manually remove 3DxWare?

Post by UtaSH »

Hello mag00,

the driver version that you have/had installed is pretty old and we now have a completely redesigned driver. Therefore it is necessary that you first uninstall the old version. You tried it to no avail. It seems there are still some marks left. :( Do you still have an entry in the "Programs and Features" panel from Windows? If not first try Microsoft's Fixit tool. It should recognize the remnants from the old driver. If the Fixit tool was successful you should be able to install the newer version.

Let me know if you were successful.
mag00

Post by mag00 »

Hello UtaSH.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately it didn't work.

I can't see nothing in its window. The software didn't find some DLLs to run the tool.

Any other ideas?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi mag00,

next step would be to install again 3DxSoftware 3.15.6 and then uninstall it. Do you still have the installation package? Let me know.
mag00

Post by mag00 »

No, I don't have it.

I'm working in this machine by the last 2 years only. The driver was installed before that by previous user or IT guys.

Can I get this in 3DConnexion website?
mag00

Post by mag00 »

I've checked the website and the older version there is numbered as 3.16.3

I'm downloading this (32 and 64) to check if it will works.

ps.: I can't edit the posts here?
mag00

Post by mag00 »

UtaSH, it worked.

I've found inside company network a installation file for that version of software and with it I could remove the software.

Now its finally updated.

Many thanks.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

I am glad you could solve the problem.
Thanks for letting us know.
Ashgaunt

Post by Ashgaunt »

Hi please help!

I have a similar problem, whereby there was a previous user on the computer who installed the driver in 2014, but since then the user has been deleted. When I tried to update the driver from version 10.2.0 I suffered the areas shown above. I would like to try to reinstall and then remove the original driver but I don't have it. Please can someone send me the driver for 10.2.0?

Thanks!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Ashgaunt,

I will send you a link in a PM where you can download 3DxWare 10.2.0 for a while.
Ashgaunt

Post by Ashgaunt »

Hi Thanks Uta!

About 5 mins before you sent me the file I had worked out how to fix it myself anyway, but thanks anyway..

What I did initially was to run the install program (latest version) but it gave the error about old version not uninstallable.

At the point of the first error (without hitting exit on the install program) I looked in the AppData temp folder and found all the installation module msi files ready to install.
When I tried to run these I would get the same error for each. So for each one I ran msiexec but added full logging to the installations. Then, in the log file I found the registry key that it was having problems dealing with. I assumed that this key was the key representing the messed up old module so I searched the registry for all occurrences of that key and deleted them.. The modules installed! So I did the same for all the modules which I wanted and then also the main 3dxwincore64.msi. Then I uninstalled them all and ran the normal install program.. It worked! And I learned something too.

Thanks anyway. Ash
Miketee

Post by Miketee »

I am stuck, uninstall does not remove installation, I have removed program files, register keys and dll, stopped 3Dconnexion broker service, rebooted, but when I try to install 3DXWARE latest I get message Old installation found (version 10.2.6)

If I must reinstall 10.2.6 to then uninstall it, can someone send me version 10.2.6 please?

TIA
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

PM sent with the link. :)
martindaricek

Post by martindaricek »

Same problem here. I cannot remove 10.2.0 64x version and update, please help.
Martin
gianni

Post by gianni »

Hello,

I have the same problem with 3DxWare 10.5.13.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the setup files for this version.

Thank you.
Gianni