How to manually remove 3DxWare?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

claireh

Re: How to manually remove 3DxWare?

Post by claireh »

martindaricek wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:50 pm Same problem here. I cannot remove 10.2.0 64x version and update, please help.
Martin
Do you receive any errors when trying to remove the driver? Most likely, some files from 10.2.0 were corrupt which causes the process to fail and roll back. I'll PM you a link for 10.2.0. Install it, reboot, uninstall using Microsoft's "Uninstall a Program" feature located in Control Panel, reboot, then install the new driver.
gianni wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:23 am Hello,

I have the same problem with 3DxWare 10.5.13.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the setup files for this version.

Thank you.
Gianni
PM sent with download link for 10.5.13. Follow the same steps as above. If that doesn't work go ahead and reach out to our support team here.
Claire
gianni

Post by gianni »

TYSM Zach!

I'll let you know when it worked.
Amoxi

Post by Amoxi »

If anyone else runs into this problem but can't find the installer of the right version:
search for "3dx" in the Windows registry using Regedit, delete all occurrences. There are a lot of them, some of them can be skipped (those that point to Temp folder, say, or location of recently used files). Sooner or later you will find a line with the very version number that is bothering you. After deleting it, the problem will be solved.

If I'm right it is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies\C:|Program Files|3Dconnexion|3DxWare|3DxWinCore64|
But you'd better check me
BlackbirdMfg

Post by BlackbirdMfg »

claireh - Can you also send me the link to reinstall 10.2.0 so I can install then uninstall. I am trying to upgrade 3dxware for my new spacepilot and the new software will not install because it says I have to uninstall 10.2.0. When I try to uninstall 10.2.0 I get an error message "There was a problem starting C:\Program The specified module could not be found."

Thank you.
BlackbirdMfg

Post by BlackbirdMfg »

I was having trouble updating 3dxware because my system would not let me uninstall version 10.2.0. Based on recommendations above I was able to download and install 10.4.10. Then I uninstalled that and was then able to install 10.8.19. All is right with my spacepilot again.

Thank you forums!