Assign keystroke to axis not possible anymore???

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mikycoud

Assign keystroke to axis not possible anymore???

Post by mikycoud »

Hi,
Owner of a Space navigator here, been using it for several years on a workstation with an old beta 10 driver.
New workstation arrived today and I had to re install my space navigator. Downloaded the latest driver only to find out that I cannot map a keystroke or a keystrocke qsequence to an axis anymore. Huh???? really?
Also, couldn't find a way to import my settings.
I mean, it seems to me that those are essential features and I can't believe these features have been removed...
What am I missing????

TO finish with, I tried locating the old beta drivers which offered those features, but they don't seem to be on the site anymore.... Even the beta driver 10 forum disappeared....
Does anyo,ne still have a link to a functionnal beta 10 driver which still ofeered these features?

Thanx
cjadams

Re: Assign keystroke to axis not possible anymore???

Post by cjadams »

I was wondering the exact same thing BUMP!

Where did all the good functionality go>?>???
mjgaisser

Post by mjgaisser »

I made sure to keep the old installers once I realized functionality was being removed. My cap hasn't worked reliably in years (can't tell if it's hardware or interference with background crap mandated by our IT), so I just use the current drivers. The versions I have sitting here are:
x64 SPP v10.0.16 r1544
x64 v10.0.22 r1749
x64 v10.2.0 r1865
x64 v10.2.1 r1873
x64 v10.2.2 r1886

If you want one, I can email it to you.
jwick

Post by jwick »

The functionality is still there. It is the GUI that is gone. If you have old cfg files that already have the AxisActions defined, you can copy those to a new cfg file (using notepad). If they don't work, let us know.
The recent driver builds are much more stable than the earlier betas. It is worth upgrading if you can.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

May i please get a link to the last x64 PC version that had the full functioning feature set? i used the axis controller for sooo many things I can't believe they took it out.. we need to totally start raising hell with them about this.. ..totally cripples the device from a use perspective in my book.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Sorry xxxxxxx.yyyy@zzzzz.com (Moderator edited: you don't want your email address in such a public place)
cjadams wrote:May i please get a link to the last x64 PC version that had the full functioning feature set? i used the axis controller for sooo many things I can't believe they took it out.. we need to totally start raising hell with them about this.. ..totally cripples the device from a use perspective in my book.
mikycoud

Post by mikycoud »

Right, let me get this straight:
The functionality is still there.
SO why not give users a way to actually use it?????

And also, why not keep the old drivers available for those who want to keep using this essential feature???
I went to your legacy driver page and it so happens that you dobn't provide any of the old drivers that offered this feature....
And every post I've read that ask the same question or tries o offer a solution (make one of the old drivers available) gets no answer or gets "moderated" as is thecase here, again...
I DO wonder why, really. Smells fishy....
DO you not care at all about paying, faithful customers???
mstevenson

Post by mstevenson »

Could you send me a copy as well.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

sadly this isnt' really a solution.. we need to really lobby these guys to not be stupid... and put the functionality back in.
use older drivers get functions.. can't use new software.. kinda makes it unusable.
Also even when using the older driver i still never saw the equivalent of this on the PC side:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/connect ... ntrol.html
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Pokes this topic... still a totally useless device now except for built in setting in some programs.. I think a lot of us want this control panel back.. at lest do it as a check box to show advanced options or something.!!!!

This device has been in a drawer for 6 months now because of this VERY BAD decision on your part!

Public tweets also don't seem to get your attentions either.