Programming Buttons

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

lindseyward

Programming Buttons

Post by lindseyward »

I have recently started using the 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator in SolidWorks. It rotates my model fine. The problem that I am having is when I bring up the Properties window and I try to program my buttons by clicking the "Buttons" button in the properties window. When I do this I get and error message that says. "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quite, the application will close immediately. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core. Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral. PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." When I click Continue the error window closes and takes me back to the properties window, no other window comes up. There is a details button that then gives me more information. Let me know if you want me to post that if it helps. How do I fix this and program my buttons? Thank you!
Barbara

Re: Programming Buttons

Post by Barbara »

Hello

The error indicates a mis-match between driver and application versions. SolidWorks 2015 requires 3DxWare 10.2.9 or 3DxWare 10.3.0. You can check your driver version in 3Dconnexion Properties under 'About.'

The possibilities are that either you have an earlier 3DxWare version installed or that there are remaining components from the older driver series named '3DxSoftware'.

If you have installed only 3DxWare drivers then installing the current driver [v 10.3.0] from the downloads page with SolidWorks closed will solve the problem.

If there is an older 3DxSoftware driver it will need to be uninstalled before installing 3DxWare.

Check for '3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware' in Programs and Features and in both C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files(x86).There are manual steps here if needed for uninstalling all components of old versions.

If you find no 3DxSoftware components, you can install the current 3Dxware over an existing 3Dxware version. Save the installer to your PC [for 64-bit Windows the filename is 3DxWare64_v10-3-0_r2161.exe] and install with applications closed.

When you re-open SolidWorks you should see the SolidWorks commands available in the drop-down lists under 'Buttons'.
--------------
Barbara