SpaceMouse Pro, behaving badly

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

drkieffer

SpaceMouse Pro, behaving badly

Post by drkieffer »

We have one user who's SpaceMouse Pro doesn't like to behave when using NX, but this statement comes with some caveats.

Basically, none of the buttons do what they are supposed to, most of the time, when running NX in a Teamcenter managed session. He switched to a native session, and everything was as expected.

We have updated his driver to 10.3.0. I have verified the NX plugin is loading. We have tried a hard reset (menu and fit buttons).

I suspect a corrupt profile, but I'm not 100% sure on what to get rid of, in this case, using Windows 8.1 64bit

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave
-Dave
Siemens NX12 with Windchill
SpaceMouse Pro and CADmouse (and a SpacePilot!)
Barbara

Re: SpaceMouse Pro, behaving badly

Post by Barbara »

Hello drkieffer -

The steps here will clear the profiles and return to default settings for all applications. If a profile is the source of the issue , this will restore the SpaceMouse Pro to correct behavior.
----------
Barbara
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

Barbara, that link goes to the drivers page? we have already tried upgrading the driver...should we uninstall the driver, and reinstall?
-Dave
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi drkieffer,

I don't think the profile is corrupted. You can give it a try and clean the settings according to this FAQ article.

I believe that the plugin is not loaded. Please check this FAQ for more information.

Let me know if you could solve the problem.
drkieffer

Post by drkieffer »

Solved it. Somehow I deleted a "\" in:

UGII_3DCONNEXION_LIBRARY=${UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR}\${UGII_VERSION}\startup\3DxNX.dll

I was editing some other things in the company NX .env file on friday, and some how managed to remove a slash, and just like G'n'R, it just doesn't work without a slash :)
-Dave