Rhino 3d problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bkjernisted

Rhino 3d problems

Post by bkjernisted »

Hello, this morning I was working in Rhino3d and was having trouble using my G502 Logitech mouse. Somehow my spacepilot pro was interfering with the normal controls of my logitech mouse. I could only scroll up to the outside of a building but not scroll any further to go inside with my logitech mouse. I had to unplug my spacepilot to continue. Has anyone else had this problem? I did not find the spacepilot intuitive enough to do this efficiently with it. That, said the regular mouses functions should not be affected when the spacepilot is plugged in. What is the solution? Thanks
Barbara

Re: Rhino 3d problems

Post by Barbara »

Hello bkjernisted -

You are correct, there should not be interference with a standard mouse. Rhino developers have worked closely with 3Dconnexion to integrate the support for a 3D device working alongside a standard mouse inside Rhino.

The navigation modes inside Rhino - Object Mode , Camera Mode - affect what the 3D mouse is moving. An unintentionally locked object or group could restrict the standard mouse - but disconnecting the 3D mouse would not correct that.

If you re-connect the SpacePilot PRO, do you still see a problem ? Had either of the drivers changed to a new version recently ? Which versions ?
---------------
Barbara
bkjernisted

Post by bkjernisted »

I had upgraded from the driver available at Christmas time to the new one. However this was on a new windows installation with a newly formatted ssd. Are there parts of the driver left on the device that cause the problem and how can I repair the problem? Thanks, Barbara.
bkjernisted

Post by bkjernisted »

I am rendering right now and cannot turn my computer off. Can I plug my spacepilot pro in with the computer running? Thanks
bkjernisted

Post by bkjernisted »

In order to scroll into the building I have to choose say a kitchen cabinet and scroll into it. But you have to do a lot of scrolling. It can be done, but the mouse behavior is different.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello bkjernisted -

The driver installation is entirely on the hard drive - none of it remains in the device. The SpacePilot PRO driver in December would be the the previous version - but the behavior in Rhino would be the same. The current driver 3DxWare 10.4.3 was released 05/06/2016.

You can connect the SpacePilot PRO without restarting the PC. The driver starts automatically when the device is detected. You can also stop or start the driver without disconnecting the device [Start -> All Programs -> 3Dconnexion -> Driver -> Start|Stop Driver]

Have you tried changing the navigation mode for the SpacePilot PRO ? The options from the Rhino 3Dconnexion menu are shown here.
------------
Barbara