Notebook Navigator issue

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

thad

Notebook Navigator issue

Post by thad »

My issue with my space navigator notebook is that it keeps slowly sliding sideways after i let it go. I've tried different USB ports, calibrating in different ways such as holding it while calibrating and then calibrating it zeroed, also tried several drivers, and doesnt matter the software i use it in. For instance, if its sliding only to one side and i calibrate it while it is sliding (not touching it), then when i use it to the other side and let go it slides that way instead.

Is there a way for the mouse to have less sensibility in order to cut off that excess movement when it is not being used? Again, that happens for about 5-15 seconds after i let go sideways movements. Still bothers me a lot when doing 3d work thought, hald the time i'm not even using it because of it, its Always been like this since i got it months ago but only decided posting it now. Or is there a way for me to edit the driver so it becomes less sensisive at/near neutral position?

I had an old spacepilot before and that one worked perfectly on the same system.
Barbara

Re: Notebook Navigator issue

Post by Barbara »

Hello Thad -

As far as adjustment, you can change the Speed setting in 3Dconnexion Properties. This affects sensitivity because it changes the amount of force that needs to be applied to the 3D Mouse cap to move an object on screen.

If the drifting happens outside applications such as in the Jet Demo or Cube [Start |Programs|3Dconnexion| Demos ] , it would indicate a hardware issue.

In that case you would need to contact our Technical Support about replacement of the device under its hardware warranty.
---------------------
Barbara
UtaSH

Re: Notebook Navigator issue

Post by UtaSH »

Barbara wrote: If the drifting happens outside applications such as in the Jet Demo or Cube [Start |Programs|3Dconnexion| Demos ] , it would indicate a hardware issue.

In that case you would need to contact our Technical Support about replacement of the device under its hardware warranty.
They might have a firmware update for you that can solve that problem.