Spacemouse Wireless choppy when using Wireless mode.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

adamk

Spacemouse Wireless choppy when using Wireless mode.

Post by adamk »

Hi all!

I just received my new spacemouse wireless. Huge dissapointment.

(Rhinoceros)
It works nice when using the cable. But when i use wireless mode movement is slightly choppy. The difference is very noticeable switching back and forth from cable vs wireless.
I bought this device specifically to use it wireless i dont have a setup on my desk that allows this extra cable.

If there is not a magical fix for this?.. I will have to RMA this unit. Unacceptable performance using wireless.
If the commercials say poor performance using wireless i would not have bought it.
adamk

Re: Spacemouse Wireless choppy when using Wireless mode.

Post by adamk »

( I use the latest drivers directly from the website and not from the cd)
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello adamk -

Wireless is the 'normal' mode for this 3D mouse - with the USB cable connected only to charge the battery.

The choppy behavior suggests some interference with the wireless signal.

Is the receiver plugged directly into a USB port on the PC [ not a hub or adapter] ? Some PCs show a difference in available power between front and rear USB ports.

Have you tried the receiver in a different port?

Is battery strength showing 100% ?
You can view battery percentage by hovering over the 3DxWare icon in the System Tray or opening 3Dconnexion Properties.

A charged wireless mouse receiving its full signal from the receiver behaves just as a wired mouse does - otherwise we would not be able to use them.
We will try to help you identify the source of what you are seeing and correct it.
------------
Barbara
adamk

Post by adamk »

Hello Barbara.

Yes i have tried both front chassi usb and rear usb ports directly into motherboard.

I have also tried disable the 2.4ghz wireless band from my router incase this was causing any disurbance.
I have no other wireless machines in my apartment. If you still claim it is because of disturbance from other sources from things outside of my house then your product is simply to sensitive for Real life situation use.

Using this small spacemouse infront of my keyboard with the Cable all over the keys of my keyboard makes this usesless for me.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello adamk -

The receiver may have a hardware defect. From your description, something is causing the SpaceMouse Wireless to not get its usual wireless signal - and a failed receiver can do that.

Technical Support can determine if the receiver is the source of the problem and if it is, replace just the receiver.
-----------------------
Barbara
rootaman

Post by rootaman »

MY SPACE MOUSE WIRELESS WORKS WITH CABLE , WITHOUT THE RECEIVER.

I have an issue like this too , when I put it near the PC (40-50 cm) it will works smoothly. If I extend the range more to about 1 meter and now it getting choppy.
ScotchBingington

Post by ScotchBingington »

I finally customized my setup and am having the same issue. Any fixes?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

as Barbara said: please contact Technical Support.
Ebmadry

Post by Ebmadry »

I recently purchase a spacemouse wireless and I am having the same issue. I am using a new macbook pro, so I have to have the dongle plugged into a hub since the new macbook pros do not have standard USB ports. When my mouse in on the left side and the dongle is on the right it will cut out or just not respond at all. Is there another solution other than using the cable all the time or putting the dongle on the same side as the mouse?