AutoCAD, Google Earth and Sketchup problems (5 of them)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Woldman
Woldman wrote:and dont forget the misalligned snap points! You know, the blue squares on the endpoints and midpoints of lines in AutoCAD. Or is this also (issue #4274)?
No, this is not 4274. That issue will have be assessed in a later revision. If it requires a fix, it will be available in a later version of 3DxSoftware, not in version 3.1.
Woldman

Problem remains

Post by Woldman »

Hi 3D Connexion,

First of all thank you for the new driver, it really solves the problem with Google Earth I had with previous drivers.

HOWEVER:

The problem with AutoCAD fully remains. There is still no posibility to reverse the axis other then the red ones. The checkboxes behind the axis are still behaving strangely. They are not cleared and filled when clicking the reverse axis button. Only the red ones are.
So really no improvement here. I installed it on a clean machine using ACAD 2007 on Windows Vista. The old driver was never even on it, as I installed it today.

Maybe the fix has been postponed to the next driver release, or the final driver for Vista, then there are no wories here... Just make it work, PLEASE!?!?

B | Woldman
ngomes

Re: Problem remains

Post by ngomes »

Hi Woldman,
Woldman wrote:The problem with AutoCAD fully remains. There is still no posibility to reverse the axis other then the red ones.
This is issue #4321 and it has been resolved in our add-in for AutoCAD 2007. The fix will be included in release 3.1 (more specifically, in version 3.1.4).
Chris.N

Post by Chris.N »

ngomes wrote:This is issue #4321 and it has been resolved in our add-in for AutoCAD 2007. The fix will be included in release 3.1 (more specifically, in version 3.1.4).
Whatever happened to the toolbar button that brought up an option window in Acad 2006 that had a toggle for "Automatically Regen"? I'm in 2007 and am struggling with all these issues myself. Is it worth messing with downloading the beta versions yet?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Chris.N,
Chris.N wrote:Whatever happened to the toolbar button that brought up an option window in Acad 2006 that had a toggle for "Automatically Regen"?
The add-in for AutoCAD 2007 is a completely new solution. The "Automatically Regen" option no longer applies to the add-in included in release 3.0 and higher.
Chris.N wrote:I'm in 2007 and am struggling with all these issues myself. Is it worth messing with downloading the beta versions yet?
We would appreciate if you could be more precise. What are exactly the problems that you are experiencing?
The beta for release 3.1 includes some fixes for the reported problems. We do advise you to try it and then posting what you find here.
Woldman

Yes, it works!

Post by Woldman »

Thank you for the new driver! 3.0.8 really solves all problems with AutoCAD! Now the only thing lacking is a professional graphics card, so I can work in 3D Wireframe as fluently as in sketchup with the SpaceNavigator.

But with this, you guys can't help me, unless you can get the driver to remain in 2D Wireframe, when used as a panning and zooming device.

Thanks alot,

B | Woldman