solid edge - fix in sketch mode

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cadsite

solid edge - fix in sketch mode

Post by cadsite »

I just received a new PC. It all works very good and fast, the only setting I don't find is to fix the orientation of my part when in sketch modus in Solid Edge.

If I manipulate my SpacePilot Pro the part turns.
It's also ST9 MP4, just like on my old PC, but I can''t find to fix the view.

The problem is that when in sketch modus:

Old PC:
When touching the 3D mouse the movement was limited to zoom in and out

New PC:
When touching the 3D mouse, the movement is free, so also rotate, tild,...
That's not what I want.

Who can help?
UtaSH

Re: solid edge - fix in sketch mode

Post by UtaSH »

Hi cadsite,

this is not due to the new PC, but due to the driver version.

In the past we got many requests from other users to enable the rotation in the Sketch mode. Finally we agreed and made that change to the addin. Unfortunately there are now many user ( like you) who don’t like this at all. Thus we will implement a possibility for the user to determine if he wants the rotation enabled in Sketch mode or not. We are tracking this issue with our internal bug number #7329.

Please bear with us until we release a new driver version. It is planned to include this new feature in the next driver release. We will inform you once the driver is released.
cacciatorino

Post by cacciatorino »

UtaSH wrote:Hi cadsite,

this is not due to the new PC, but due to the driver version.

In the past we got many requests from other users to enable the rotation in the Sketch mode. Finally we agreed and made that change to the addin. Unfortunately there are now many user ( like you) who don’t like this at all. Thus we will implement a possibility for the user to determine if he wants the rotation enabled in Sketch mode or not. We are tracking this issue with our internal bug number #7329.

Please bear with us until we release a new driver version. It is planned to include this new feature in the next driver release. We will inform you once the driver is released.
Bad feature! Solid Edge already lets the user to choose if he wants to hold the plane fixed when in sketch mode or not. If he chooses to stay fixed, I guess that he wants that the 3d-mouse is limited to PAN/ZOOM.

While we wait for the new release, what is the last one driver release without this feature?

Regards, Alessandro.
cacciatorino

Post by cacciatorino »

Roll-back to 10.4.3 driver solevs the problem.
cadsite

Post by cadsite »

UtaSH wrote:In the past we got many requests from other users to enable the rotation in the Sketch mode. Finally we agreed and made that change to the addin. Unfortunately there are now many user ( like you) who don’t like this at all. Thus we will implement a possibility for the user to determine if he wants the rotation enabled in Sketch mode or not. We are tracking this issue with our internal bug number #7329.

Thanks for your answer, but I really don't get this...
Something works for more than 10 years, "some" users demand an option and you choose to change an important setting for all the users???
You could expect users like me, no???
I expect a FIX soon!

Don't mess with the basics of an interface without the ability to keep the old one.
Don't change a winning team.
cadsite

Post by cadsite »

Any idea of timing??
cadsite

Post by cadsite »

UtaSH wrote:Please bear with us until we release a new driver version. It is planned to include this new feature in the next driver release. We will inform you once the driver is released.
I installed today the new driver. STILL THE SAME!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Dorn75

Post by Dorn75 »

I think fixing this issue must be very urgent. All users working with SE and 3D-mouse have heavy Problems using 3D-mouse.
We need the new Driver too! The released driver 10.4.9 does not fix the problem.

Thanks Georg
maxtkirk

Post by maxtkirk »

Hi,
I state same problem. I'm posting reply just to keep me updated.
Problem comes after 10.4.3 release.
MAx
cadsite

Post by cadsite »

I don't get it...
Update 10.5.4 and this annoying behaviour is still there!!

Is this really "as wanted"???

Could someone from development please add some light?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello cadsite,

open the "Advanced Settings" in the driver and go to "Other Options". The last option there is "Sketch / Profile: Disable Rotation". Activate it and the rotation will be off in Sketch mode.
cadsite

Post by cadsite »

Thanks a lot!