Photoshop CS3 - No Keyboard Shortcut error

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bamajr

Photoshop CS3 - No Keyboard Shortcut error

Post by bamajr »

I'm new to the 3DConnexion hardware, well anything that has been out in the last 8 years or so. My company just accepted a delivery of the new Space Pilot (Hoping soon to add the cool WACOM Cintiq 21UX interactive pen displays to our design desks).

We have had many other design devices. I read a few reviews and thought I would evaluate this Space Pilot as a tool to aid in the efficiency of design.

I have played around with Google Earth and Microsoft's Virtual Earth. The Space Pilot seem to work ok (but my joysticks will do all that) in these programs and in the Quick Time demo on the 3DConnexion Web site. (Weird that it wont work at all in a similar program Nasa World Wind!)

Anyway, Now I'm trying to get the Space Pilot to work with Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended (part of the Adobe CS3 Masters Collection). When I launch Photoshop, the LCD display on the Space Pilot displays the Photoshop CS3/CS4 default button assignments, but I get a pop-up from 3DConnexion telling me that "No keyboard shortcut is assigned for 3DxPhotoshop."

It tells me:

Pleas set a shortcut key for the "3DxPhotoshop" plug-in by following these steps
1) Select the menu item Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts...
2) Expand the File > Automate section
3) Enter a shortcut key for "3DxPhotoshop"
4) Restart Photoshop

However when I follow these directions, there is no "AUTOMATE" section there.

What am I missing?
grindil

Post by grindil »

This was a little tricky for me the first time as well... its all there just not super clear.

(Sounds like you have this part.)

Click the little arrow next to the word "file" in the application menu command list. You should now see "new... open... and all the other commands under file. Scroll down slowly you should see "automate>" indented and just a couple of items later is the "3DxPHOTOSHOP..." command.

Hopefully you see it now so this should be easy, and after you restart you wont see those annoying pop ups.

4) Restart Photoshop

I hope this helped.
bamajr

Post by bamajr »

grindil wrote:This was a little tricky for me the first time as well... its all there just not super clear.

(Sounds like you have this part.)

Click the little arrow next to the word "file" in the application menu command list. You should now see "new... open... and all the other commands under file. Scroll down slowly you should see "automate>" indented and just a couple of items later is the "3DxPHOTOSHOP..." command.

Hopefully you see it now so this should be easy, and after you restart you wont see those annoying pop ups.

4) Restart Photoshop

I hope this helped.
Thanks, I did find it.

However, I'm unsure why it needs one! What is this for?

Is the functionality of the Space Pilot limited without the Short Cut Key?
bamajr

Post by bamajr »

bamajr wrote: Thanks, I did find it.

However, I'm unsure why it needs one! What is this for?

Is the functionality of the Space Pilot limited without the Short Cut Key?
Does no one have an answer for this?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

The shortcut key is needed to be able to adjust the brush size by twisting the controller cap clockwise to increase the size, or counter-clockwise to decrease the size.
frederik

Post by frederik »

I have the same problem in CS4, and it is still there after I set the shortcut as discribed above. Any ideas on how to solve this?
nil_von_9wo

Post by nil_von_9wo »

I'm just chiming in that I have the same problem with CS5.

... I guess there are no fixes since this is an old thread with no replies
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Has anyone found a good shortcut key combo for this? It seems everyone I try is already used by photoshop.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello Gareee -

You can pick one of the assigned shortcuts that you are less likely to use such as Ctrl+Alt+Shift+X. It is OK if its not a convenient shortcut since it is not one you will need to remember. If Photoshop says the key combination is already in use,it will ask if you want to re-assign it. As long as its not a key combination that you actively use in Photoshop its OK to re-assign it. Even though Photoshop has a number of shortcuts set up as default assignments, most of us only use a dozen or so favorites so would not miss any of the others if they were changed.

Post by Gareee »

I did find a good one: cntrl-, (comma) its easily accessible, and nothing else uses it. Thanks for the speedy reply!
James840a

Post by James840a »

Ok im have the same problem. Im getting the 3Dconnexion 3DxPhotoshop
No keyboard shortcut is assigned for 3DxPhotoshop.
But in deed when i go to edit>keyboard shortcuts> file>automate i have ctrl+, as the shortcut but i still keep getting that pop up message everytime i run PhotoShop.

I am using Photoshop CS5, with a SpacePilot with 3DxWare 3.13.0 Firm 3.12
any clues to what might be happening?
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

maybe change it so it saves the change, exit and restart?
James840a

Post by James840a »

It did save the changes, i did exit and i did restart photoshop.

Now after im in and click the ok on the 3Dconnexion Zoom, Pan, the buttons on the spacepilot work, just not the Brush sizing.
James840a

Post by James840a »

Oh and i already tried the below link, Which didnt work
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/index.php?id= ... red=faq/22

my language version is English
James840a

Post by James840a »

Now would it have anything todo with the fact im running CS5 as a trail Version? my current full version is CS3 and works fine.