Photoshop CS3 - No Keyboard Shortcut error

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello James840a -

There are trial versions that are missing some functions but it does not sound like that is the case here.

Try a different shortcut. It is possible the assigned one just did not 'take' for some reason.

The change in brush size can be more easily seen if you have the full size brush tip cursor selected in Preferences. Twisting the cap works the same way using the [ ] keys to change brush size does.

It sometimes takes a couple of tries to get this working but other than with the language examples already mentioned, with the other functions of the plugin working this one should as well.

Did you try the Keyboard Shortcuts.psp workaround that was mentioned ?

----------------
Barbara
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

I didn't know about the twist cap brush change function. Glad I'm watching this thread!
James840a

Post by James840a »

sorry havent responded, been little busy lately.

I tried the Keyboard Shortcuts.psp workaround but not having any luck. The only keyboard shortcuts.psp is the one in \user\name\appdata\roaming\adobe\adobe photoshop CS5.1 settings. Is there one located elsewere?

any other ideas?
James840a

Post by James840a »

P.S. I am running Vista 64
3drocket

Shortcut to hell. :-)

Post by 3drocket »

I have the same problem.
I have assigned several different shortcuts and still get the pop up each time I start Photoshop. Every time I try to fix the problem I can see the previous shortcut I had assigned so I know Photoshop is keeping them.

I am running Photoshop CS5 on win7 64 as an administrator.
Could it be a conflict with my Wacom tablet controlling the same functions in Photoshop? I have the new Intuos 5 tablet.
Barbara

Shortcut to hell. :-)

Post by Barbara »

Hi 3drocket -

Changes in Photoshop in the updates to CS5 have caused the 3DxPhotoshop shortcut to no longer work.

You're right - you can assign the shortcut and see it but it no longer functions and in most cases the prompt to create it returns.

This will require a new add-in version to correct.The add-in is being developed by our engineers and will be included in a future software release.The navigation in Photoshop does not require the shortcut - it is used for the brush size function only.

Driver releases are posted on our download page on the day they become available and are not pre-announced. The Release Notes .PDF for the driver lists issues that have been addressed and plugins that have been updated.

-----------
Barbara
3drocket

Post by 3drocket »

Thank you for the quick reply. :D

I will will keep an eye out for a new driver in the future.
I might be upgrading to CS6 soon so it may become a non issue if it is fixed for CS6.
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

And here I thought it was something I did. Whew! I'll keep an eye out for the update. is there any way you an post about it when released here, for those of us subbed to the thread?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hi Gareee -

Alternate methods for notifying customers of driver updates is a subject that is under discussion. Right now the easiest way is the Update Wizard in the right-click menu of the 3Dconnexion icon in the System Tray. It will tell you either that you are using the most recent version or that there is a new version and offer to install it.

You can then check the .PDF for the new version to see whether it version includes a fix for a specific issue or an add-in for an application version.

When I see the Photoshop add-in has been updated I'll post it here.

-------------
Barbara
donnaruiz6558

Re: Photoshop CS3 - No Keyboard Shortcut error

Post by donnaruiz6558 »

I just got same problem with CS5, but as someone said there is no reply to this topic.

hopefully somebody will help us soon..

Donna
rogermoore

Post by rogermoore »

I have the same problem, hopefully somebody will help to fix this bug.

Cheers
Roger
faust23

Post by faust23 »

Hmm... I do have an Automate section when I Expand the File. It's probably something to do with your language preferences.
http://diningsolutionsdirect.co.uk/ - Dining Solutions Direct
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

We addressed some issues with CS5.1 and CS5.5 (and I assume CS5) in our next update of the Photoshop plug-in. It should correct the issue of the shortcut no longer working.

Currently, we're busy trying to address issues with 3D manipulation in CS6. As soon as we can find a solution and qualify it, we will release the software.

We are very sorry for the delay in addressing the shortcut and the support for CS6.
vipin4u

Post by vipin4u »

Is there any solution to this problem?
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

For those who have been watching for the Photoshop CS6 plug-in , the driver version [ Release 3.15.6] with the CS6 plug-in was released today and is available on our download page.

------------
Barbara