3ds Max 2010

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

findapollo

Post by findapollo »

findapollo wrote: I closed the Rendered Frame Window and Render Setup Pane and it seems to work a lot better.
I might have spoke too quickly. It does at least work now, but only in wireframe. So there is still definitely more of a problem somewhere.
capellone24

Post by capellone24 »

in "flat"view shading mode the device works well if you click orbit command before navigate your scene, i've assigned orbit command on the left button , in this way i can use it until new driver will be out.
CSchumann

Post by CSchumann »

Is the dev-team on holidays or what? I bought the Spacepilot Pro for 500€ (!) 4 weeks ago and couldn´t use it since. When I create a box - everything works fine, but when more objects are in the scene, the viewport just freeze - no movement at all.

I am using:

Vista64
8GB Ram
Geforce 8800 GTX
Matrox triple head
3dsmax design 2009 & 2010
SpacePilot Pro

When will there be a new driver available? If I can´t use the device with the next new driver, i will send it back to you.

Regards,
a very annoyed customer.
sadsan_1

Post by sadsan_1 »

CSchumann wrote:Is the dev-team on holidays or what? I bought the Spacepilot Pro for 500€ (!) 4 weeks ago and couldn´t use it since. When I create a box - everything works fine, but when more objects are in the scene, the viewport just freeze - no movement at all.

I am using:

Vista64
8GB Ram
Geforce 8800 GTX
Matrox triple head
3dsmax design 2009 & 2010
SpacePilot Pro

When will there be a new driver available? If I can´t use the device with the next new driver, i will send it back to you.

Regards,
a very annoyed customer.
Has this issues been addressed yet, its got to the point that I’m not using my space explorer anymore because its completely unusable

My systems
Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz D0 Overclocked to 3.40GHz! (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366)
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard
OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 (1600MHz) Tri-Channel Kit
Akasa AK-967 Nero Direct Contact Heatpipe CPU Cooler
GeForce GTX 285
Vista 64bit
3ds max 2010
space explorer

So there shouldn’t be a problem with power!!!!!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

We have just released a new build of our Windows software (3DxSoftware v. 3.7.16). It includes a update of our add-in for 3ds Max 9 though 2010, fixing bug 5063.

We would like to thank those customers that have assisted us in fixing 5063 but providing reproducible scenarios and/or data. Your help is very much appreciated.

The software for your devices can be found on the Driver Downloads page.

With this update, the old v. 3.6.11 release is removed from the "Archive".
MChampion

Post by MChampion »

God bless you.

So far so good on 3ds max and ACA2010.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Matt
amelia

Post by amelia »

And now with the 3DxSoftware v. 3.7.16-3dsMAX-2010, my ex dear PE is again my dear PE.

amelia
sadsan_1

Post by sadsan_1 »

Thank you!!!

Just downloading it now

si
malojo

Post by malojo »

We have just released a new build of our Windows software (3DxSoftware v. 3.7.16). It includes a update of our add-in for 3ds Max 9 though 2010, fixing bug 5063.
Thanks for this. Whats about 3dsmax 8? I still need this product and support would be welcome. Or is there a workaround how I can get max 8 back working?
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi Malojo,

3ds Max 8 should work with a separate Plug-in which is also available in "3DxSoftware 3.7.16". Please verify that "3Dconnexion Plug-In for 3ds Max 6 - 8" is installed (Start->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs->3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware->Change->Modify)
Robert Stadie
LeeC22

You should be thankful...

Post by LeeC22 »

CSchumann wrote:Is the dev-team on holidays or what? I bought the Spacepilot Pro for 500€ (!) 4 weeks ago and couldn´t use it since.
Think yourself lucky, you could be one of the ********** who bought 2 Spaceball 4000 FLX's @ £400+ EACH, only to be ********** by the company I gave the money to.

So every time something new comes out, I have to spend time trying to hack a fix together because these ********** have "invented" some money making excuse, to abandon paying customers. I bought a brand new motherboard 1 month ago with a Serial port, yet these ********** insist motherboard manufacturers don't support serial ports now.

Then again, I suspect we never get to speak to the **********, just the ********** they send on the forums.

If I ever have to upgrade, I will be damned sure to buy second hand, so the profits don't go in pockets of these **********.

---
Edit (moderator): removed insults and foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
Designmonkey79

3D MAX QUICK VIEWS

Post by Designmonkey79 »

Hi all,

I'm a long time user of 3D max & am currently trailing the space explorer.

Great product however I have an issue with my quick views on the product... when used each key ( T L R or F) my view zooms into either the gizmo of my selected item or the scenes home grid. I then have to hit FIT to get my object to a view from which I can comfortably work on.

Now i can adjust the view cube to automatically “fit-to-view on view change" but not my Space Explorer...???

Can anyone help me out to make the Explorer "fit-to-view" on view change?
if you can't beat it...CHEAT IT..!
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

Hi Designmonkey79,

Can you use keyboard shortcuts to switch e.g. to the Top-View you want to work in? Then it would be easy to create a custom function that does exactly what you want.

What happens if execute the following keystrokes:

Code: Select all

T U
and then

Code: Select all

CTRL+Shift+Z
If this works for you, just create a new custom function containing these keystrokes and you have your favorite "Top"-View:

A) Start 3ds Max and leave it in the foreground

B) Open 3Dconnexion Control Panel (Start-Programs-3Dconnexion-3Dconnexion 3DxWare)

C) Go to the "Button Configuration" tab and open "Custom Functions..."

D) Create a new Custom Function (Macro) with the name "TopView-custom"

E) Click in the "User Macro" box and execute the keystrokes you want (Save->Done->OK)

F) Restart 3ds Max

G) Open the 3Dx Button Mapping Editor inside of 3ds Max

You will then find the new Macro you created in the "3DxWare" category - just assign it to the "T" button.

Is this what you were looking for?
Robert Stadie
Designmonkey79

Post by Designmonkey79 »

Hi rstadie,

Thanks for taking the time to look at this... however hitting T in max has the same issue as the 3D mouse shortcut, i still have to hit zoom extents to get the model in view.

Only the View cube is giving me the soloution i want (top view & zoom to selected eztents all in one hit) however this means using my regular mouse & i wish to use the shortcut keys on the 3D mouse.

Can you help any further..?
Designmonkey79

Another attempt

Post by Designmonkey79 »

Hi rstadie,

OK tried again & now understand how Macros work, i now have the buttons giving me T L R F with zoomed extents ( Macro TZ) this is great in my orthographic view however in my perspective view its giving me the T L R F in orthographic also & not perspective.

When using my space mouse to navigate round me model from here I’m still in my plan face, I understand I could use the Macro TUZ however this would leave me with navigating in orthographic view & no perceptive as I wish.

I need the view with zoom extents but perspective in my perspective view & plan in my plan view... does this make sense if so can you offer a solution..?