3 Series drivers

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Scott Stubbington

3 Series drivers

Post by Scott Stubbington »

Hello,
Just before Christmas I upgraded my Spacepilot driver to the new driver series, I'll call them the 3 series driver. I did this as I was a little bored of waiting for the Spacepilot to acknowledge a different application was now in focus and used, I could be using Adobe reader but the Spacepilot would be telling me I'm still in Inventor.
The new beta 3.1.1 drivers are not interpretting which key is pressed and released, if I press Escape(Esc), the indow on the Spacepilot is telling me I have pressed and released Control(Ctrl), I press Ctrl and a dialogue pops up informing me I'm aboput to Reload the current configuration and any changes will be lost. Version 3.0.9 drivers did exactly the same and this is why I'm currently using 3.1.1 beta drivers as I was expecting this to have changed.

Windows XP Pro SP2
Inventor R11 Sp2
2Gb RAM
Spacepilot with Beta 3.1.1 drivers
jwick

Post by jwick »

Hi Scott,

It sounds like your saved user profiles are messed up. While running Inventor, open the 3DxWare GUI (you have to do it from the Windows control panel or the desktop icon, not the systray icon) and select the default Inventor configuration. This should re-sync with 3DxInventor and fix your buttons.

Let us know if this doesn't work.

Jim
3Dx Software Development