<DONE> SpaceNavigator Driver - Mouse Joystick Keyboard

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

yea you bet it does Space Pilot works just fine :]
Smiler

Re: driver

Post by Smiler »

pi3573 wrote:yea you bet it does Space Pilot works just fine :]
I'm getting confused now....

Q. Does this driver work with the Spacepilot in Vista 32bit?

Q. Using this Driver, does it affect "built in" support i.e. does it interfere with Solidworks 2008 or Max native 3Dx support (for example).

Q. Is it easy to install?

Q. Where can I get hold of it :D

Thanks for any help.
Regards, Jeff.
kelmk

Post by kelmk »

I have a .bind file. Where do I put this for the config app to find it?
pi3573

Driver

Post by pi3573 »

Merry Christmas !
Kel look for it in the editor

Smi yes,
dont know youll have to work with when you get it going,
yes,
the main file is one page one at the end of RBs first post,
Smiler

Re: Driver

Post by Smiler »

pi3573 wrote:Merry Christmas !
Smi yes,
dont know youll have to work with when you get it going,
yes,
the main file is one page one at the end of RBs first post,
Many thanks pi3573, I'll head on over there now :D
Regards, Jeff.
Smiler

Post by Smiler »

Pi,

Ok, got the files. now are there any additional files I need from you to work with the Space pilot? I got the impression you were developing an addon of some sorts or did I read that wrong....
Regards, Jeff.
Smiler

Post by Smiler »

Vista Ultimate 32bit

Ok, I figured out that I just install the setup file. All goes well until I change the driver to the RBC9 one. On four occasions I have tried, the driver installs ok but has a note saying the device cannot start. On another occasion, I got a BSOD at the end of the driver change and the last time, the driver installed ok (so it said) but I didn't get the new joystick, keyboard etc listed in device mangler.

If I start the RBC9.exe to enable the SP, it replies that it cannot find a Space Pilot and if I open the layout page, none of the axes or buttons register, however, if I then start the original 3DxWare driver, the axes and buttons register i.e. I can see the values change on the layout page. I've read the docs and re-read them and I am following the correct method. Is there an ini file somewhere I need to alter or some other trick to get this running.

So close......:D
Regards, Jeff.
ericgandt

Post by ericgandt »

Smiler wrote:Vista Ultimate 32bit

Ok, I figured out that I just install the setup file. All goes well until I change the driver to the RBC9 one. On four occasions I have tried, the driver installs ok but has a note saying the device cannot start. On another occasion, I got a BSOD at the end of the driver change and the last time, the driver installed ok (so it said) but I didn't get the new joystick, keyboard etc listed in device mangler.

If I start the RBC9.exe to enable the SP, it replies that it cannot find a Space Pilot and if I open the layout page, none of the axes or buttons register, however, if I then start the original 3DxWare driver, the axes and buttons register i.e. I can see the values change on the layout page. I've read the docs and re-read them and I am following the correct method. Is there an ini file somewhere I need to alter or some other trick to get this running.

So close......:D
I've been trying off and on to get a SpacePilot to work since March, yet to date this (where you got stuck) is as far as I have ever gotten as well. I keep seeing people say that it works, but since the current files, those from RBC9, are those that I used back in march I do not think it is possible.
I keep hoping someone will post a step-by-step as to how they got this driver to work with a SpacePilot, but personally I do not think it will be easy to get to work, looking at the debug builds that I tested for RBC9, the device was not being seen correctly which made little sense, since it should have been.
My take is hope that 3dconnexion actually create an official driver like this or else get a SpaceNavigator which does work. Personally I have just about given up and am thinking of selling the very expensive paper weight I purchased back in March.

ERIC
Smiler

Post by Smiler »

Thanks for the reply Eric. Nice to know it's not a fault on my part that is preventing it from working. Hopefully 3Dx will see sense sometime soon and release a generic driver (or tell us why it's impossible).

Anyway, for now I have uninstalled the RBC driver and will wait and see what the future brings.
Regards, Jeff.
MeatEater

Post by MeatEater »

Man, this is depressing! I got a great deal on my SP and now I know why. It's really too bad 3DX is having such a hard time seeing the potential for this thing.

Patiently awaiting 64 bit support for the Space Pilot driver...might not wait past Amazon's return period though...
pi3573

driver

Post by pi3573 »

aw shoot guys it is an easy task but does have steps to it. give me
a moment to write it all down then ill post it .
plz forgive gammerical and otherwise errors you may find.

ill try to have this DONE lol no pun intended asap.
it does work in vista and i i can get it to work in vista then were good,
ive seen the pilot UI and it works well i use its portion of the usermode to
run the explorer.
pi3573

Driver

Post by pi3573 »

hey all thanks for being here,
this is a RBC9 crash course.First off lets thank Ced (RBC9) for the outstanding
job done on this rather difficult device.As we all know many ppl have gotten the
SN and ST to work and well enough to ask for more implemintations addons and more
agreed the folks at 3D need to explore the other potential of thier devices.

With all that said lets get started !

Plug the device it to your usb port ,try not to plug into EXports ,hubs,long usb exstension cables.

Let windows detect it and install it as a hid usb device.

Now download the RBC9 exe,http://rbc.duckinegg.com/ you will want RBC9-SpaceNav.rar

Istall the driver (you may need win rar or other)

if you get an error in vista you can F8 and disable digital driver sig enforcement (lots of ppl dont know this)

Now we need to change the inf files for the device in the windows folder(this portion is for the Explorer ppl)
you can do this a few different ways but the easyest i think is just change the pid which would look like this
%RBC9_PIL.DeviceDesc% =Install, USB\VID_046D&PID_C627 ; SpacePilot
that last part of the pid c627 refers to the space explorer, you pilot guys dont neeed to do anything here.
make that change c625 to c627. save to desktop, then copy back to the windows inf folder.

ok good now at this point we go to device manager and look under HID,here we look for our 3d device
(if your not sure which is which you will want the the one on the bottom USB Human Interface Device,right click,
properties,Details,under the property pull down tab you will see Hardware ids. here we are looking for that c62X whatever you got
after finding that close that prop screen and right click on that device to update driver. browse my computer for driver software
let me pick from a list of device drivers ,select the device driver you want to install for this hardware
in this case its the new RBC9 driver.

for the explorer ppl then youll want to install addon app for your explorer to be bindable.
follow the rest of RBC9s instructions on binding and mapping if you have difficulty with any part of this just get with
me on msn messenger ill be glad to help (if i can) :]
MeatEater

Post by MeatEater »

Awesome!

Just to be sure: This works in Vista 64 bit? I don't want to screw anything up on my system...
pi3573

Post by pi3573 »

no not yet im doing all of this by myself , im in vista 64 bit ultimate working on it now.
MeatEater

Post by MeatEater »

Cool, I'm glad I didn't waste my time. I will patiently wait. I just want to say that I really appreciate what you're doing here. You are making a great contribution to the DCC community. Keep it up!