3DxWare not loading in 2018!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mhoopes

3DxWare not loading in 2018!

Post by mhoopes »

2018-01-02: I come back to work, and find that my SpaceMouse Pro and my SpaceNaviagor are not working.
The 3DxWare driver is not loading on my Windows 7 Pro PC, or my Windows 10 Home laptop. I executed Stop Driver - Start Driver. I reinstalled 3DxWare 10.5.4. The driver does not load.
I have verified this with both devices on two different computers. This was working fine last week with no changes on my end since then.
I am noticing that the Logitech LCD Manager is showing up in my Start Menu tray. That's new.
Has a certificate expired?
Michael Hoopes
mhoopes

Re: 3DxWare not loading in 2018!

Post by mhoopes »

I turned off virus protection. I ran 3dxrepair.exe.

When I try to run 3DxService.exe, it appears for a second in the Windows Task Manager, then disappears. The digital signature certificate seems to be up to date:

Issued to: 3Dconnexion SAM
Issued by: Symantec Class 3 SHA256 Code Signing CA.
Valid from 2016-01-11 to 2019-03-12.
Michael Hoopes
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

I finally got it working again. I performed the "full clean-up and re-install for Windows" procedure detailed in the 3Dconnexion FAQ:

www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/faq/show ... d%5D=clean
Michael Hoopes
capguy

Post by capguy »

I am also having this problem; unfortunately I don't have the option to do a complete reinstall of Windows, as I'm using this for a professional work machine running Win7.

As of 2018, my SpaceNavigator lights up, can be detected in multiple USB ports, I've reinstalled the drivers several times, but 3DxWare doesn't recognize that the thing is installed, present, and functional. I've also tested this same mouse on a personal laptop running Win 10, did all the above and the mouse LOOKS functional (lights up, etc) but I can't boot trainer without getting the "not recognized" error.

Can we get someone in Tech Support to look at this? As of the new year, this $120 mouse is completely bricked; ostensibly from some software update, maybe on Windows side?
thad

Post by thad »

Same issue for me, just tried using it, tried repairing the driver and nothing.

Ill try what you did.
thad

Post by thad »

mhoopes wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:56 pm I finally got it working again. I performed the "full clean-up and re-install for Windows" procedure detailed in the 3Dconnexion FAQ:

www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/faq/show ... d%5D=clean
That worked for me, thanks.

Btw none of the dll mentioned were there, so i couldnt delete them.
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

I didn’t see the dll files either. Might be a legacy thing.
Michael Hoopes
jwick

Post by jwick »

This is a bug. Sorry about that. It will occur if you don't use the device for 7 days in a row.
It has been fixed for the next release which we are testing now.
I believe all you have to delete is the file: %LOCALAPPDATA%/3Dconnexion/3DxWare/3DxServiceState.xml.
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

Makes sense. I hadn't used those two machines over a holiday break. The one PC I did use during that time didn't have the 3DxService issue.
Michael Hoopes
CRB

Post by CRB »

When is this going to be fixed? January 8 I followed the procedure to delete and install the drivers. Up until today it has worked fine. The last time I used it was 5 days ago, not 7, so that is not the problem. Do I have to go through the entire procedure again?!? I need to get work done today and am dead in the water. Help please....
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

CRB - I encountered this again last week when I was configuring Google Earth Pro on my wife's Win 10 user account, since she rarely uses the SpaceNavigator. Luckily, the method jwick describes works, with minimal effort:

I believe all you have to delete is the file: %LOCALAPPDATA%/3Dconnexion/3DxWare/3DxServiceState.xml.
Michael Hoopes
BitGid

Post by BitGid »

Hi all !
I'm having the same issue, which just started when I switched from a windows 7 machine to a windows 10 machine. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3dxware, and on re-installation got same error
jwick

Post by jwick »

That particular problem was fixed in 10.5.5, which is now released.
Kevo93

Post by Kevo93 »

Ciao!
Ho lo stesso problema.
Come faccio ad installare il mio space navigator mouse compact?
Non riesco ad installare il suo driver e non viene riconosciuto dal pc!

COME DEVO FARE?

GRAZIE MILLE
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Kevo93,

note that there is no support in Italian here in the forum. English only.

If you have problems with the installation we need more details. What exactly is the problem? Does the driver install or not? Do you get an error message? If yes, what does it say?

Do you have a SpaceNavigator or a SpaceMouse Compact?

I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team. They can do the necessary troubleshooting and collect all needed information.