Custom Profile location

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bowtie Bob

Custom Profile location

Post by Bowtie Bob »

Where are the custom profiles typically saved? My computer is getting an upgrade, and I'd like to save my current SolidWorks profiles, but I'm not sure where to look for them.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

The default location for Saved .scg files is:
C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\profiles

In addition to the .scg files where the profiles for most applications are stored , SolidWorks stores settings in the registry and has an Export function so that you can move them to a new machine.

In SolidWorks under the 3Dcontrol menu, choose Export then copy to your new machine , open Solidworks and choose 3Dcontol| Import.
RonnyM82

Post by RonnyM82 »

I need to back up my Inventor profiles, due to a pending format and transfer to a new machine. Do i just need to backup the *.scg file. Will it work even though i am changing from XP Pro 32bit to Win 7 Pro 64bit?

Cheers for the help if you give it.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello RonnyM82,

If you are doing your button mapping in the Button Mapping Editor in Inventor then you should import (and export) the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion Add-In for Inventor". This is where the settings are saved then.

If you are using the 3Dconnexion Control Panel for the button mapping then the *.scg file is fine for you.
RonnyM82

Post by RonnyM82 »

thankyou ludwig